Landman in Lea County, NM

Can anyone recommend one? What document will be generated by the landman? What information would that document include? (Would there be any information on whether royalties are being held in an escrow account? If not, who would I be able to ask?) Would a document provided by a landman be valid in itself to claim rights through court system, or would a lawyer have to/bill to re-investigate or re-certify that document? The answer to any of these questions would be much appreciated.

You need to be more specific about exactly what you are looking for. Any number of documents can be produced by a landman. Are you trying to find probate documents, a lease, a deed, etc.? Give a location and someone may be able to point you in the right direction.

Can you tell me what percentage of the wells revenue does an oil and gas rights owners receive?

It depends on the royalty % of your lease.

Normally between 12.5 and 25%.

It also depends on your percentage ownership in a tract relative to the total size of the unit. For instance, if you own 100% of a 40 acre parcel in a 640 acre unit and you lease for 1/4 royalty, your NRI percentage is different from if you own 10% of a 5 acre parcel in that same 640 acre unit that you lease for a 1/5 royalty.

We invested in a Non-Op WI in 2021. After 2 years, we have not received the JOA or the Participation Agreement. The operator just told us that he did not receive a JOA from the previous operator so he would now need to create a new JOA. And the PA status is still unknown. Is this how things are done in OK?.

you should be able to ‘look up’ your minerals online IF you know where they are

if not, using your family name search may or may not produce results

we spent a years worth of time over the past seven plus years in Lovington, going over county records… after doing that, we can now prove where the rights came from…

started at the beginning and found the original grant given to different family members, then continued tracing it to current day.

bottom line is we have judge stone from Lea county rule we did hold 150 acres - then we bought thirty acres more from a previous owner. so total is 180 acres in the permian…

we had a lease a while ago (2017 if my memory is correct) and we got a $500 bonus for the 150 ac that we had not proved were ours… 25% royalty plus the bonus (had a hit to our taxes that year)

no one EVER drilled or actually did anything…

so that lease expired

still looking for someone to lease that 150 acres and can show judge stones ruling - we have a copy

I wish you good luck in your journey

jimw

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.