La Salle County Eagle Ford Oil & Gas Drilling Activity

Let's use this post to share where we see drilling rigs pop up and share well production numbers in La Salle.

From Smithbits, it looks like there were 20 rigs active in the county as of 6/24/2011.

Chesapeake (2), Cheyenne (2), El Paso (4), EOG (2), and Goodrich (2) all having multiple rigs drilling horizontal wells in the Eagle Ford Shale.

There are multiple rigs drilling on Hwy 469 , Chesapeake starts on my ranch on June 30th 2012...

Do you know of anything in the Gardendale Colony Lands area?

mike ryan said:

There are multiple rigs drilling on Hwy 469 , Chesapeake starts on my ranch on June 30th 2012...

No , what part of LaSalle is it in?

mike

Section 80 of the Gardendale Colony Lands

mike ryan said:

No , what part of LaSalle is it in?

mike

How do we find out if our acres are being pooled when a rig goes up and when do they notify you? Is it before the rig goes up or after the rig is producing? We are totally new to this and need information. Thanks.

You should get a pooling agreement , check your lease.

I live in NC and out of the blue this summer got a request to lease mineral rights which I vaguely remembered my deceased father speaking about as a child. I have had to do remedial reading on oil & gas exploration, leasing, etc just to get basic knowledge. In October 2011, I signed a 3 yr lease for $1500 acre with 25% royalty on my percentage of Abstract 434 on FM469. I check permits at the Tx RR Com weekly. Do you know anything about this tract, who owns the surface, or how long it might be before a permit will be requested. The Schwopes owns 50% and already has CHK drilling on other abstracts of their ranch. How did you get a date of June 30th, 2012 for drilling?

mike ryan said:

look here:

http://gis2.rrc.state.tx.us/public/startit.htm

Our section just off of of 469 , south of Los Angeles, has a rig. Spud date was 5/2/12. Petrohawk.

There are three more planned for a 320 acre section. Still too early to know anything about production.

My name is Doreen. I apologize if I haven't "joined" this discussion correctly as I am very, very new at this mineral forums site. Mike Ryan, I have used that TRC site for oil activity, but when I checked a large majority of the wells, the didn't have any activity. Most were drilled within past 3-4 mos, but even the ones that are over a year old indicated no activity (unless I am doing something wrong with the site). We just signed w Cheasapeake Oil/ Red Sky LLC as we inherited 20 acres in LaSalle. Any thoughts?

mike ryan said:

Hi Doreen, I found that map I was telling you about. You see they think the Eagle Ford has dry gas, wet gas and oil in three zones. I would appear that by this map LaSalle county is spread across each zone. Hopefully your acreage is toward the north of LaSalle and if so that would be good news for you and helps to confirm what you were told by Redsky. Hope this helps you a bit. This forum is slow so you may need to search for LaSalle and Eagle Ford in the upper right corner and find some threads that have a little more action. congrats and good luck. Wilson

Doreen Juola said:

My name is Doreen. I apologize if I haven't "joined" this discussion correctly as I am very, very new at this mineral forums site. Mike Ryan, I have used that TRC site for oil activity, but when I checked a large majority of the wells, the didn't have any activity. Most were drilled within past 3-4 mos, but even the ones that are over a year old indicated no activity (unless I am doing something wrong with the site). We just signed w Cheasapeake Oil/ Red Sky LLC as we inherited 20 acres in LaSalle. Any thoughts?

mike ryan said:

HI Doreen,

I am nowhere near an expert, so often times I hesitate to give any advice. I will tell you that I also was very new at the leasing experience until about six years ago. I really started to research the shale and horizontal drilling about two years ago, and at least know more than I did when we started the journey.

My mineral rights are in the Northeastern/central part of La Salle just south of Los Angeles. I have learned that in some cases, the operators will be working diligently on the leased land that is closer to its expiration date. That said, with the price of natural dry gas so low, the operators have started focusing on the wet gas and oil windows. THe number of rigs has grown quite a bit over the last year.

In our case, I started receiving calls on "top leasing" about six weeks prior to our expiration date. Our operator, Petrohawk, also offered to "extend" as they expected to have drilling started but were not sure if they would make the expiration date of our lease. They did just make it. Now we have a drill turning.

I actually live in Pennsylvania where the Marcellus Shale is a huge deal. However, the operators are starting to focus on the wet gas and oil which takes them to the west and into Ohio. There are many dry gas leases that are being allowed to expire. Because the wet gas has many after market uses to various manufacturers, that is good news for anyone in the wet gas areas. Dry gas is expected to make a come back from $2. as many turn to it for energy use. Once pipelines are in place, transporting it will not be as much of an issue.

ALso, there is some interesting news of the Pearsall Shale that I was not aware of. IT lies below the Eagle Ford, meaning "underneath" and not south on the map. It also has some potential and does come down into La Salle.

If you google key terms you will be lead to some amazing information that will give you the general knowledge. I have friends in the business that help me understand our own situation. I am hoping others will jump in and share their own experiences.

Part of our family actually sold their mineral rights in La Salle (our section) about 18 months ago for $6,000. per acre. Other family members held on, and now we just have to wait and see how things turn out. Exciting....but afraid to get too excited.

Good luck~

And to all others, please jump in. We DO need some more action .. :>)

Laura

Doreen, since this forum is slow, you can try this one.

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/forum/topics/fayette-county-tx-oil-gas?xg_source=msg_com_forum&id=4401368%3ATopic%3A3525&page=351#comments

It is a different county then you, but it is in Eagle Ford and very active. Lots of good information. You can ask them questions and get responses there.

Wilson

Hi! Just joined this group. Does anyone know if Matador Oil and Gas is drilling in or around Catulla?

We were told that A 335 LAS B is being fracked along 469 in La Salle now. Chesapeake said it should complete before the end of the month, there are infrastructure problems though. It may take months to get it to sales. We know Zamora's lease nearby is producing snce October 2012.