Kit Carson County, CO oil & gas discussion group. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.
If you own mineral in either Cheyenne and Kiowa counties and have not leased to date and interested in joining our group, please feel free to email through this blog and I will introduce. Some of the benefits to joining include…
- Joining our group is free and no obligation–if anyone is not satisfied with progress or wants to break off and lease on their own, they are free to do so at any time. Your own land is part of the group and you perform a valuable service for free.
- It has been proven that groups that band together with larger acreage get better offers.
- You are now representing many owners, including a profession mineral land ownership company that itself has had extensive experience leasing all over the country, and which sees the benefit of joint collaboration.
- By joining the group, a member gets the benefit of almost daily emails as to relevant events.
- As the oil companies know, there is strength in numbers but lack of information yields cheap leases.
My sister and I have had MI in 1/2 of 320 acres in Kit Carson County for many years. I was contacted by a company that wanted to be our agent to lease the propery. Sounded like a scam to me and the kicker was they wanted 10% of our mineral interests to do this. I told them to go fly a kite. The major problem as I understand it is the lack of enough water in this area to drill. This was the heart of the dust bowl back in the 1930's. I hope we live to see some income from our MI but if not possibly our children.
Any Activity here?
T9S, R47 West, Section 4
T9S, R47 West, Section 9
Mineral owners in Cheyenne, Kiowa and Lincoln: myself and my family are mineral owners in Cheyenne as well and have put together a voluntary group of like minded mineral owners in forming a group to lease our minerals as a group. We have been formed since 2012 formally now. IF you haven't leased and would like to join, we have joined with our neighbors throughout the above county and would love to have you on board with us please feel to email here and I'll get in touch with you promptly. thanks!