Kingfisher County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

M Barnes just sent you a request

I joined this group the other day so I might find out some information for a friend and now that I have the information they needed I would like to drop Kingfisher as one of my groups. Can someone tell me how to drop my membership to this group? I can’t seem to find out what to click to do this. Thanks

Linda:

At the top, click on Groups / My Groups

Then click on the group of interest.

Then you will see an option to “leave group”; you have to look carefully for it on the page.

John,

Lots 6 & 7, a/d/a the West half of the SW/4 of Section 6-15N-5W are held by production from the Don Rich #1. The well was spud on 11/18/1978 and completed as an Oil and Gas well commingling several zones and covered by multiple spacing orders.

As there appears to be no pooling order done for this section, I would assume that either you or your predecessor in title executed an oil and gas lease sometime in the 1970’s and that your mineral acreage is still held by production and thus not open to be leased.

There is the chance that your original lease had a depth clause in it, but the odds are low as many leases from this era did not.

Can you confirm any of this?

Otherwise, I am sure that your acreage would be highly sought after to be leased. If you would like to discuss this, add me as a friend and I’d be happy to take the time to go over this with you.

The Rich well is posted as “0” on the tax site since mid 2015, so maybe you are free to lease again unless they have sent you shut in payments. Ryan can help you get it sorted out.

I have posted before with no luck. I am posting again. My family has 72 acres in Kingfisher County.

Lots Six (6) and Seven (7) of Section Six (6), Township Fifteen (15) North, Range Five (5) W.I.M

We need to know if there is interest from any company to lease the mineral rights from us or maybe we should sell the rights.

Hi, I am needing some help. I current have mineral in Section 32, township 18, 6west and received a pooling from Chesapeake along with a tax form to fill out. I currently have my minerals leased out to another company for another year and half. In the ppwk I rec’d from Chesapeake, they give three options for payment that must be made in ten days. Since my minerals are already leased, do I need to choose an option or just fill out the tax form and return to them. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter as I am new at all of this and do not understand all of the ins and outs

John, that general area has seen leasing by Midwest Resources LLC, Cochran Land Service LLC, Oklahoma Energy Acquisitions, LP,

With prices for oil and gas fairly low right now, leasing may back off for a bit this year. I would not sell during a downturn. There are horizontal wells in the township, so time may help improve things.

Thank you M Barnes. I have friend you.

If you are leased, then you should not be getting the paperwork. Friend me and we can take this offline and I can see if the lease has been filed. Blue icon on the left.

M Barnes,

The lease, being recorded at 2876/380, in Kingfisher County. Lease contained, depth, no deductions, commencement, 2-year shut-in and pugh clauses.

The depth was 100ft below the deepest formation penetrated.

204k for 128 net, would be ~ $1,600 per NMA.

The highest lease bonus we have seen lately at auction for private mineral ownership in Kingfisher county was $8,100 @ 3/16ths royalty.

OK, I get the math now. $1600/ac, not $16,000/acre. Well done!

Gastar has a spacing hearing in 2015 (still pending) to space for the Mississippian (less Chester), Woodford and Hunton at 640 ac. No permit yet.

OAE has a location exception pending for 36 in the Mississippian.

Sorry, added a zero.

R. Story, Thanks for the correction. Aging brain.

Steved, I am building a database of lease records from the past few years. It should be on okcountyrecords though. Unfortunately, neither database goes back to the 70’s. The only source i know for that is the county cleerk records. If you know the book and page you can send the clerk a check for a copy and a prepaid return envelope and they will send you a copy. Steven, No worries. I just figured you forgot the decimal point between the 1 and the 6. You had me worried though. My company is banking on the concept that auctions bring higher bonuses for mineral owners.

JoAnn: This is a filing on Chaparral’s part mainly in order to get their debt restructured. They intend to continue operating without interruption throughout the restructuring and are seeking court approval to continue paying its employees and royalties to mineral owners

Signed lease for 128 net acres in Sec35 Twp15N R5W SE/4 for $16k per acre. Very generous terms. Does anyone know Gastar’s intentions there? Also, relative new to leasing this being the first property of substantial acreage that I have leased any pointers would be appreciated.

Steve,

Are you sure the price per acre was $16K to lease and not to sell? Or was that your total amount? The most recent poolings in that township have been at $600 3/16ths.

Gastar usually drills horizontal wells in that area.

Best I can tell they have been around since the first time a mineral owner figured out more than one person was interested in their leasing property. The formats have changed over time. Nearly all state and federally owned minerals go before an auction process. Be nice if forced poolings did also. The trick nowadays is getting minerals owners and lessors together to hold auctions. Fortunately technology has advanced far enough to solve the logistical challenge of getting everyone together.

The number on the pending cause in 201505032. A similar cause in 34 201505031 was cleared with order 649813 on Feb 12, 2016

Wouldn’t surprise me if they cut back for a while until prices go up.