Kimmeridge Energy Now Leasing In Leon County

Kimmeridge Energy, a private equity firm, has begun leasing in Leon County via VIV Leases, LP. This entity is associated with a Kimmeridge fund, the KEMC Fund VI GP, LP.

VIV Leases recorded 39 lease memos on 4/12/2024.

2 Likes

Can you tell us about what area most of these lease’s were taken? Northwest?

The 39 leases only cover 513 acres in six surveys. The tracts are mostly non-contiguous, so it looks like Kimmeridge might have started a leasing program and decided to stop. Most of the leases were written from September through December 2023.

Here’s a map of the survey locations:

1 Like

Prime screamer well country.

What meaning of this

I just replyed but the mods seem to censor me when I provide info. Hope it makes it.

A screamer is an extreme, super-pressurized gas well , so-called because they produce an audible shriek.

The wells in the area are monster wells. They produce under such high volume and pressure the pipes literally make a screaming sound. Here are the screamer wells in the close by Robertson and Leon County area:

Circle M 1H - Comstock Currie 2HB - Aethon Cazey Black A 1H - Comstock River Ranch 1H - Aethon Campbell B 2H - Comstock Dinkins JG 1H - Comstock McCullough Ingram A 1H - Comstock Cazey MS 1H - Comstock Lanier CW 1H - Comstock Koda 1H - Aethon

1 Like

All I know about Kimmerige is that they have been trying to buy out SilverBow for a while.