Kern County lease per acre amount

J I’m just wondering what folks are getting this year per acre for a oil and gas lease. Kern county. Thank you

The geology changes across the county. You would have to give a more specific legal location to get a better answer.

Rio Viejas and San Emilio Nose area of Kern. Thank you

Rio Viejas pool kern county. Got 85 a acre Now they say 50

Hi Shane, $50 is probably about right. Your $85 offer may have been before the bust at the end of 2014, beginning of 2015. Many leases are offered at $25 - $35 now, but that area and the acreage is likely driving it up. Or if it’s a renewal, they are trying to reduce it without pushing it too low. Good luck!

Hi Jean

I have posted a few times in Kern County. My grandmother has since passed. My Mom is an only daughter. They both owned the land together before the sell of it. I remember her going to sign papers for the leases. When Great Grandma passed, My Aunt Helen did a distribution of trust for the mineral rights to her four daughters. I am wondering what we should do. We are trying to avoid any probate, as my Great Grandparents and Grams estates are pretty gone. Caring for their Alzheimer’s costs the family a lot. We would love to lease them, but I know that is really not worth it. We are struggling financially, but as I always hoped we could put them in the care of my niece and nephews care when they reach age.

I would appreciate any feedback from you! The coordinates are listed in my posts.

Thank you so much Dustyn

Hi Ms. Barnes,

We own oil, gas, and mineral rights to property located at South half of Section 1, Township 28 South, Range 23 East, Kern County, CA.

Any opinions on current value per acre for a lease?

Thanks!

FYI— I live in Kern county and I have ownership both surface and minerals in the middle of the west-side oil field. Unfortunately CA is doing everything possible to curtail and shut in production. There is currently ZERO interest in my property other than from the county tax collector who insists the “known minerals” make my property of value. You can draw your own conclusions as to the value - but I have to suggest NOT MUCH.

Thank You. I guess great great great grandkids will bebefit.