Kept 50% Mineral Rights when Selling Surface in Hockley, TX

I sold my land a few years back but retained 50% of the Mineral Rights. How would I go about getting someone to lease my portion ?

where is your acreage located?

There has been a wave of speculative leasing in the south part of Hockley County, but nothing very far north to my knowledge. Generally, they will call you. They know how to find you.

You can advertise an "available for lease" listing (free) on this forum and see what happens, but you will eventually need to provide detailed information such as legal description of your land.

Thank you for the information.

JW Anderson said:

There has been a wave of speculative leasing in the south part of Hockley County, but nothing very far north to my knowledge. Generally, they will call you. They know how to find you.

You can advertise an "available for lease" listing (free) on this forum and see what happens, but you will eventually need to provide detailed information such as legal description of your land.

I think it's best if you let them go to you. it's better than having someone lease your land and tie it up for a couple of years with no drilling plans in place.

texas do your home work there is activity in hockley co. maybe you would sell me 50 of your 50 or to someone else.