Katy Hub Nat Gas Pricing

Is there a source that posts publicly the cash pricing for the Katy Hub? Seems that is where the Fayette/Austin County gas is going.

All of my public sources have stopped publicly reporting hub pricing :sob:. I had to break down and get a data subscription to one of the services, but that wouldn’t make sense for most mineral owners. Katy Hub is trading at -0.315 vs Henry Hub, last I looked, if that helps.

(but expect that to go to -0.7-ish come March once these winter storms have passed)

@tracy_lenz speaks to the reality of the situation… no more freebies out there. Having had experience in the nat gas biz in the US, here’s my ‘hack’ as is popular to say these days.

Talk around, research around, find a friend/trader/employee in the nat gas marketing arena, and get them to look around the country at the various trading nodes (Katy, Opal, Waha, Carthage etc.) and look at the historical differentials (differences) from Henry Hub (where merc contracts settle). While these differences will vary over time, there are established reasons for the amount of differences. It all boils down to distance to markets, connectivity/optionality.

One could think of this like the air travel business. Hubs, spokes, and destinations.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.