Karnes County, Texas Mineral Interest Lawsuit

We have some mineral interest in Karnes County, Texas. On numerous occasions we have been approached by Land Men to purchase them. We have not sold nor intend too. Recently, we along with about 40 others have been taken to court from Burlington Resources Oil and Gas disputing the rights.

There are a number of other items which I won’t go into given the question is focused. We have not been able to get the Karnes County Clerk, the attorneys, etc. to reply to the status of the lawsuit nor can we find any information online regarding the status. Frustrating to say the least.

The question is how and where can we go to get information on this case. The filing date was 2/6/2020 under the 81st /218th Judicial District in Karnes County, Texas.
Cause number 12-03-00055-CVK.

Any insights are much appreciated.

I would ask ConocoPhillips since they are the owner of Burlington Resources. I would guess it is some sort of judicial determination of heirship or quiet title action. All that means are they are trying to have a judge determine who actually owns what interests & are having trouble locating all the heirs. You will be able to show you are the correct heirs, so this is good because it shows Conoco plans on being active in the area.

If you have been sued, you need to hire an attorney to protect your interest in the property. Your attorney will be able to tell you what is going on. The clerk’s job is not to give status information about a lawsuit.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.