Karnes County Royalty Tax Problems

Have received letter from Austin based attorney John T. Banks of Notice of Tax Lien. Have received a Appraised Value Notice from Karnes County but never received a bill of taxes due. Appraisal Notice states This is not a tax bill. Made trip to County Assessor Office and they could not explain anything because bills are printed by a out of town printer and assessments are done by private company. If anyone else in forum has had the same problem please add post.

I have received similar "not a tax bill" for my wells in Karnes County. I am assuming that I will be seeing a tax bill later this year.

That would have to be last years taxes. Call the attorneys office and get them to provide detail.

A tax lien just means the tax is past due, so it would be for prior years. You should have gotten a notice from the county, so something is off. Contact whoever your signed the lease with too, and make sure the attorney is not some scam. In Texas the penalty for late payment is 25% of tax due, and you don't need an attorney to pay it. You just mail in the tax due to the county.

I did not receive a tax bill from the time I received the 5/18/2012 appraiser value notice and the letter from attorney of delinquent taxes dated 7/31/13. Would have paid taxes if a bill had been sent. Is your appraisal notice from 2012 or 2013?
Przzz said:

I have received similar "not a tax bill" for my wells in Karnes County. I am assuming that I will be seeing a tax bill later this year.