Kansas Mineral Rights Group archives

Oil & gas discussion group for land and mineral rights in Kansas. Ask questions or share your experiences related to mineral and land rights in Kansas including law and legal questions, accounting and taxes, regulations, surface use issues, easements, and anything else affecting land and mineral rights in Kansas.

Does anyone know if there is any interest in purchasing oil interests in Barton County, Texas? I and my siblings have each inherited a very small mineral interest in the TNT ENGINEER--E F ESFELD unit, located in Section 28, Township 16 South, Range 11W ?? Might sell if the price is right.

Correction: I meant to say Barton County, KANSAS

David, I may be interested. Please add me as a friend so we can discuss further.

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here and to be honest, don't even know what I don't know. I just purchased a 67 acre property in Miami County Kansas and have noticed quite a few active wells on adjacent properties so I wanted to learn a bit more to see if it might make sense to consider selling our mineral rights. We do not have any wells and the mineral rights have not been sold in the past. Not sure where to go from here so any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

I would suggest using the Kansas Geological Survey GIS maps to see what kind of activity is occurring around you. Also, since you own the surface, why would you want to sell the minerals and lose some ability to control future oil and gas development on your property? You might consider talking to one of the neighboring operators about drilling your property as opposed to selling the minerals and losing out on future production. Miami is one of the busier counties in Eastern Kansas for drilling the past few years.

http://maps.kgs.ku.edu/oilgas/
http://www.kcc.state.ks.us/conservation/intents/ permits are listed here. You can search specifically by Miami County. There have been 130 intent to drill notices filed in Miami County over the past year.