Just wondering

Is it really worth my time to deal with a landman, if they tell you that they have found over a 100 family members.

Gary:

It is not necessary to deal directly with a landman but it sounds like your share could be quite small which is not a plus in negotiating a lease. You didn't say where your mineral interest is located but you could do some research and find out what company if any is drilling in that area, then contact their land department. Again, the size of the mineral interest plays a major factor in this action.

It is in the hot spot of Karnes county. About 100 acres. And Conoco Phillips is the company
charles s mallory said:

Gary:

It is not necessary to deal directly with a landman but it sounds like your share could be quite small which is not a plus in negotiating a lease. You didn't say where your mineral interest is located but you could do some research and find out what company if any is drilling in that area, then contact their land department. Again, the size of the mineral interest plays a major factor in this action.

Gary:

With that much acreage, I would deal directly with the drilling company's land department. The landman might be working for a leasing company and is he in the best position to offer you the most for your acreage. Just remember that the landman is not the final decision maker and they will more likely persuade you to lease on their terms instead of yours. If you are unhappy with the deal given by the drilling company, then shop around.

Gary Masters said:

It is in the hot spot of Karnes county. About 100 acres. And Conoco Phillips is the company
charles s mallory said:

Gary:

The property description is 147.5 acres situated in the F.J. Haskins Survey, Abstract 136 and the N. McLane Survey, Abstract 189 in Karnes County, Texas. Of the 147.5 acres, 91.5 acres are in the F.J. Haskins Survey and 56 acres are in the N. McLane Survey

Keri Morales said:

Where is your land/minerals? Are these additional mineral owners in your acres??? More details...

A lady name Marilyn Kastner Curlee contacted us.

Gary Masters said:

The property description is 147.5 acres situated in the F.J. Haskins Survey, Abstract 136 and the N. McLane Survey, Abstract 189 in Karnes County, Texas. Of the 147.5 acres, 91.5 acres are in the F.J. Haskins Survey and 56 acres are in the N. McLane Survey

Keri Morales said:
Where is your land/minerals? Are these additional mineral owners in your acres??? More details...

I recently posted regarding this same property. When initially contacted Marilyn Kastner Curlee advised only 9 individuals where found. After I contacted an attorney, he did one day of research then contacted me advising he spoke to Paula Christenson who works for Conoco Phillips and since 100 individuals have now been found to be heirs and she could assist with the lease. This was such disappointing news and although it may be true, I still don’t want to believe it. I was advised initially I would receive a lease in two weeks and it’s now going on four weeks. Two days ago I asked Marilyn Curlee (via email), the individual who initially contacted me, if because 100 heirs have now been discovered, was that the reason I hadn’t yet received the lease however she has yet to respond. Could anyone give advice as to what to do now? I reached out to Paula Christenson in which the attorney gave her number however she also hasn’t responded.