Just Purchased Mineral Rights

I recently purchased Mineral Rights in Lincoln County from a family member, that has held these rights since the 1950’s. They are - from the Mineral Deed:

• The Southeast Quarter (SE/4) of Section 5-T16N-R3EIM, Lincoln County, Oklahoma, containing 160 acres, more or less; and**

• The Southeast Quarter (SE/4) of Section 8-T16N-R3EIM, Lincoln County, Oklahoma, containing 160 acres, more or less.**

It is my understanding there was production in the 70’s, but it was minimal.

Grateful for any assistance on activity in the area or a “best guess” on the value of these rights, and prospect for future development. Is there a State of Oklahoma site I can look at these tracks and see what wells are there, and historical data on drilling and production - like the Texas Railroad Commission has?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

You can search here:

Case Processing Online (ok.gov)

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Error Look up the well data on the well records site. You may have to hunt in the sections that are also touching. You very likely do not have the full 160 acres.

The Oklahoma Corporation Commission is the same type of agency as the RRC.

Ms Barnes, thanks so much for your assistance. I was able to look up activity in both of the sections I own all the way back to the 1940’s. Excellent database !

Quite a few companies drilled in both section, mostly in the 60’s and 70’s. Unfortunately, over the years there were many “dry holes”. Any insight on future prospects?

Thanks again !

Rob

Good Day, Roby, I live in the section to the West of Section 5, There is two wells with Pump Jacks on them on the Northwest part of Section 5, Most of the Drilling as data records show has been in this part of the Section. Most drilling today not vertical,but the other method. with current federal policy on fossils fuels I would not get my hops up… I wish you well in the oil and gas leases. Regards

Lee, I very much appreciate your feedback. My Mineral Rights are in the SE portion of SEC 5 where there has been very little past drilling. Perhaps someday it will again attractive to look for fossil fuels in this area.

That particular part of Lincoln is not popular at the moment. Time will tell.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.