Just Inherited Some Land in Block 71. Need some info

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I just inherited 5 acres in Block 71, Section 12 and we aren't sure what to do with it. I've been reading on these forums and I see that some of our neighbors have received calls about leasing or buying their property. We are looking to buy a house here in Georgia in the next year so we wouldn't be opposed to liquidating the property, but we are not sure how to go about doing that or even if it's the right decision, so we are reaching out to y'all, the experts, for some help. Should we sit back and wait for a phone call or find a realtor to help us out? The idea of being land owners is totally new to us so we have no clue what the next step is. Any help or advice you all can give is greatly appreciated.

Michael & Alicia

Hi Michael, Hi Alicia!

Congratulations on your inheritance. Do you own the minerals in the land or any royalties?

I will be happy to look the land up for you to show you what is going on that might include it or is going on around it. Could you post the legal description?

If you want to post that information privately, accept my invitation to become A Friend on The Forum and you can send it privately that way.

Hope this helps -

Charles Emery Tooke III

Certified Professional Landman

Fort Worth, Texas