Just Getting Started

I was contacted by a Resourse Co.In July of 2009 .They wanted a death certificate of my mother to prove heirship.I sent this back to them.I did not here anything from them for six months.I e-mailed them and I was told that the section next to mine put in a Well and it started pumping 400bls a day and leveled off at 100bls.I waited six months agin and e-mailed them agin.I was told that Contanental Oil was going to put in a 1280 unit Well first of the year .I have not been offered a lease yet .Also I was told it was in Mckenzie Co.North Dakota Township 150 North range 97 West of the 5th P.M. Section 2 S1/2 SW1/4 Sw1/4SE1/4. My ? is S1/2 SW1/4 is this a 1/2 of a section by a 1/4 of section or is it a 1/2 acore by 1/4 of a acore.

Ted, Thank you for helping describing what units are.Yes there is a comma Sec. 2 S1/2 Sw1/4 , Sw1/4 Se1/4 I also have a unit in Sec. 11 Nw 1/4 Nw 1/4 , E 1/2 Nw 1/4 Thats right under Sec.2 So this should be 240 acres.Also could you help me with what a 1280 unit is. Thank’s Dale

Dale,

The 1280 unit means that the proposed well will be in a 2 section spacing. Typically a horizontal well in North Dakota is in either a 1 section spacing (640 acres) or a 2 section spacing (1280). Hope this helps.

Phil

dale r payne said:

Ted, Thank you for helping describing what units are.Yes there is a comma Sec. 2 S1/2 Sw1/4 , Sw1/4 Se1/4 I also have a unit in Sec. 11 Nw 1/4 Nw 1/4 , E 1/2 Nw 1/4 Thats right under Sec.2 So this should be 240 acres.Also could you help me with what a 1280 unit is. Thank’s Dale

Thanks Philip, Now all I can do is wait tell I’m offered a Lease. If anyone has any advice for me before then it will be greatly accepted. Dale

Yeah, I have a friend who participated in a well in T152N-R97W so pretty close to you. I know Newfield Exploration has a large acreage position in the area where you are located so you might get a offer soon. I am curious what they offer you so if you wouldn’t mind, when you get an offer, could you post the terms of the lease. Thanks

dale r payne said:

Thanks Philip, Now all I can do is wait tell I’m offered a Lease. If anyone has any advice for me before then it will be greatly accepted. Dale

Dale,

When your mother passed away, did you record an order of distribution or file to transfer the deed in the county recorder’s office?

Phil

Phil, Diamond Resoures had me fill out a PROOF OF DEATH AND HEIRSHIP and I had a NOTARY seal it. I thought that was all I needed to do? If There is something else I would apprecoate any help as to what needs to be done? Thanks, Dale

I have found that if you have the minerals recorded in your own name in the county in which they lay you are covered. My father died without a will and my brother and I had to probate his estate in N.D. to get the minerals into our own names. We were late doing this and Diamond Resources, who had been dealing with us for over a year, went to court claiming they couldn’t find us and set up a mineral trust in my fathers name, and signed a lowball lease with it. This was pure fraud. I can’t wait to get to court to swat their hands off our minerals. They could do the same to you if your minerals aren’t recorded in your own name. RWK