Juniper rig starting in 28-10N-7W

Can anyone help me find a map of where this rig is going exactly?

Here is a map of Grady. Grady County Map.pdf (434.4 KB)

I do not see a permit for anything in 28-10N-7W. Do you have OCC paperwork on it? If so, what is the Case number at the top?

I am not sure of the process, but several residents in the City of Minco are receiving letters(Pooling Order??) that is giving them 3 options to choose from to lease the mineral rights. The information in the letter states that a new drilling location will be going in 28-10-7 and it’s called the Juniper

Be very careful in determining what that letter actually is. There are letters being sent out by some companies that appear to being a pooling order implying you have to respond.

A pooling order will have the case/cause number and order numbers. It also will include signatures from the Corporation Commissioners.

Those types of letters are an indication that pooling might occur. They are not official. I never sign them, but I do put them in my files as information. At this moment, I do not see any cases with the Corporation Commission regarding that section. Usually, proper spacing allocation must be ordered, then permission to drill a horizontal well, possibly a horizontal location exception case, then pooling. The exhibits to those cases will usually show maps that will indicate where the well will be frilled. You are weeks to months out before anything will be settled.

Thank you everyone. Like I said, several residents in town are receiving these letters. I got a call and an offer on my property(I have several acres as compared to the ones receiving letters that have small city lots) could that be the reason I received a phone call and offer and not a letter?

There are probably companies that are trying to lease (at least three that I see filed) and some may be making offers to buy. Be careful to discriminate between the two. So far, TPR Mid Continent, Kalos Resources and Schonwald Land have filed leases. Several different operators are drilling horizontal wells in the area. Appears that something is in the works.

This is the letter residents are receiving

Thanks for sharing the letter. It is just preliminary notice and not the official one. It does indicate the ballpark numbers for the pooling. Getting good lease terms is the important thing!

I got one of those letters. It seems someone forgot to keep track and let the heirs know they retained mineral interest on one of the properties they bought and sold somewhere back in time. Sweet surprise!

1/8 royalty no way go for a 1/4 I leased l last year for 3/16 I don’t intend to ever do that again

Can someone explain the request to support the drilling co, Jones energy on the referenced letter?

I would verify the mineral ownership. Just getting a letter isn’t verification that you own the minerals.

TSD

That is a template “courtesy” letter that is sent out before pooling. No need to sign it. Useful for the leasing information in it. The well will go ahead without anyone signing that letter if the OCC approves it. If you know you own the minerals, then make sure you are leased or that you will sign the pooling orders when they come out. If it is new to you, then contact them to see how they got your name and what you need to do to clarify your title.

0k, thanks. We have church property in the area. Just looking for the best route.

If you are managing church property, then call the company on the letter and get them to clarify the title chain. You probably know who gifted it to you. Go ahead and try to get it leased with a good lease with no post production charges or you can wait for the pooling. If you need a bit of help, PM me. I was on the permanent funds committee for my church for many years and we had properties like that.

We received a Notice of Hearing and Application regarding spacing in 28-10N-7W, OCC Cause CD # 201905753, and Notice of Hearing and Application regarding Multi-unit Horizontal Well in Sections 21 & 28-10N-7W, OCC Cause CD # 201905756. The Applicant is Camino Natural Resources LLC and the Hearings for both applications are set for Dec 30, 2019 at 8:30 am. It also references pending Application CD # 201905597 and prior Order Nos. 107705, 669323, so it appears they are seeking to amend the original order to now drill horizontally. It states that approximately 33.33% of the completion interval will be in Section 21 and approximately 66.67% will be in Section 28. That’s all I can decipher for now, my oil and gas title legal experience was quite some time ago,

When did you receive this notice? We have mineral interests in sec 28 and I didn’t receive the notice.

My bro-in-law and I were co-executors of my MIL’s estate and he got them last week, but they didn’t send any to me. She was listed in the Notice of Hearing as deceased and us as her executors.