Joint with right of survivorship

I own some minerals with my brother in title with him as joint with survivorship. Can I take it out if survivorship without his approval?

In Oklahoma the answer is yes. One way is to deed your interest into a Trust. You can also “sever” the joint tenancy by another deed. Sometimes parents foolishly think this is a good way for children to inherit and bypass probate. I’m guessing this is why you hold title like this. A Transfer on Death Deed is usually a much better option. YouTube Transfer On Death Deed Video Other states have similar Transfer on Death Deed laws.

If you pass first, your brother would receive all of the property.

Probably so in every other state. Richard Winblad