It is a puzzlement! Allegiance Oil and Gas as well as Summit Land Company

Back in 2024, we received a request to lease in Bryan County, OK, Section 4 TW 07S RG 08E. Being new to this stuff we said, “Let us take a look at that and get back to you”. So we looked at what was going on in the area and NOTHING was going on in the area. As far as I can tell, there has never been a well drilled here of any kind. It didn’t seem like anyone was planning on drilling a well here. So we thought if someone wanted to throw some money at us, go right on ahead and throw money at us and we did a lease with them

Fast forward to today. I got a phone call from Alliance Oil and Gas and they want to buy our rights. I have no idea how much yet. We have less than 3 acres. So I have two questions to start with:

  1. Why would Summit want to lease here in the first place? And why would my Grandfather buy mineral rights where nothing has ever been found?
  2. Why is Alliance now interested?