Issues changing ownership of mineral rights for 2 well for 2015 Oil LLC

My siblings and I have been working on transferring the ownership on a number of wells in Hughes county OK after a death in the family. As most of you probably know this can be quite challenging.

We’ve run into issues with an operator called [2015 Oil LLC] out of Norman (associated with Aria Development) who has been giving us the run around for over a year. According to the CC website they have 90 or so wells but the contact person has indicated they have no idea how to create a division order and are apparently in the process of trying to sell the wells and will not answer almost any questions. But they did indicate that the 2 wells have produced the last half of 2022 (official transfer happened in March 2022) yet no royalty checks, division orders, etc. This seems very suspect.

The wells in question are School1 and Cox 1-14 for Section 14-7N-10E with 70 mineral acers. Has anyone had any interactions with this operator? Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed? My guess is getting a good oil and gas lawyer (which is in the works) but what else would you suggest?.

The last production on Cox 1-14 was in 2018, so nothing pressing on that one.

The last production on School 1 was in 2018, so nothing pressing on that one. either. You don’t really need to mess with them since there is no production.

The one you really want to pay attention to is the Willa 1-14/23H which is operated by Trinity Operating. It is a multi section horizontal well which has a surface location in section 23. Petroquest sold it to Trinity Operating in 2018. https://public.occ.ok.gov/OGCDWellRecords/DocView.aspx?id=3222285&dbid=0&repo=OCC&searchid=399de374-9fb8-46a2-a803-dad25fb38b91 It has 71.70% of the production in section 14. Has about 50% of its reserves left.

https://public.occ.ok.gov/OGCDWellRecords/DocView.aspx?id=3222285&dbid=0&repo=OCC&searchid=399de374-9fb8-46a2-a803-dad25fb38b91

Contact Trinity and get into pay with them. You might have infill wells someday so make sure that you fill any title documents and all of your addresses with the Hughes County courthouse.

1 Like

M_Barnes - thank you for the info I really appreciate it.

Everything is squared with Trinity. =)

Yeah, initially that was my first impression as well with Cox 1-14 and School 1 as the Corporation Commission database shows no production. But in the dealings with the representative at 2015 Oil LLC she said the wells actually had production and sent a 1099 showing as such for 2022. The document was confusing in a number of ways (1099-NEC for one) and no questions about it were ever answered - so that raised a red flag. Hopefully its all just a weird mistake.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.