Is this area still active -- Sec 9, 15N, 13W

In searching for title evidence for another well in my mother’s files, I found other information that also belonged to my mother, but we haven’t received any communication about it since 2012. I don’t know if it is even active any longer. When she was receiving royalties, it was for Tomlinson Unit #2-9 and they were going into the Trust. If it is still active or new drilling is taking place, why has the family not gotten any information about it. My mother passed in 1988.

You can search land records for free here, You can purchase documents at $2 per page. https://okcountyrecords.com/search/blaine#advanced-search

1 Like

Paloma Partners has eight pending OCC cases. You need to contact the attorney. Has the trust address changed? They may not be able to find you. Since it is for increased density, you really need to get in touch with them. PALOMA PARTNERS IV, L.L.C. 1100 LOUISIANA ST., SUITE 5100 HOUSTON, TX 77002 Contact Name: BENJAMIN J. BROWN Contact Phone: 918-779-6047

You might want to see if there are any funds in the unclaimed funds at the OK treasurer’s office. Or the state where the trust is residing. Looks like you have a horizontal well that has been on line since 2017. Time for some detective work!

1 Like

Thank you Martha for the information. I tried contacting the attorneys and left a detailed message with one of the office people, but Brown never called me back. I pulled up the PUN List to check on the notations about the wells. Our well/s were named Tomlinson 1-9 and were listed as “Active” on the web page with production under Devon. So I called Devon to investigate and was told that this well was no longer “Active” and was “Shut In”. They acknowledged payment to us, the last being in 2015. They wouldn’t tell me any more. I checked the unclaimed funds section at the OK treasurer’s office and didn’t find anything there. The trust has been closed for sometime, but I still get mail from producers addressed to the trust and to my address (since I was the trustee). There was another well listed on the PUN page named Big Joe, 9-15N-13W with well #1H marked “Active”. I wonder if this is the well that has all the activity with the 8 pending OCC cases. I don’t know if this well involves us or how to find out. Maybe the Blaine Co Clerk’s office? I can’t find any deed or even lease documents in my mother’s old files so I can’t even verify the number of mineral acres involved.

Big Joe has some nice production, so if I were you, I would send a certified letter return receipt to Devon and Paloma and explain your situation. If the trust was closed, then the beneficiaries probably need to be included information in your letter. You need to clarify the status of getting paid on the Big Joe and the future wells. Big Joe probably would have included all acreage in its spacing. The order are 659015 and 661308 if you want to look them up. Check and see if your family names are on the respondents lists. Devon should have a copy of the original lease. If they sold it to Paloma, they may have it as well. Or it might be a pooling order from a long time ago. What is your mom’s name or the trust name and I can do a quick search. Digital files may not go back far enough given her date of death.

Thank you for responding re: 9-15N-13W; it’s really confusing for me as a novice! The trust name was The Nora Naomi Dewey Trust, but her minerals were left to myself and my sister. My sister has just recently passed away which was why I’ve been trying to handle her estate. This property has been handed down, at least, 4 generations through my mother’s maternal line (Williams). Her mother was Johnny Jewel (Williams) (Whisler) Elliott. My mother’s line is Nora Naomi (Whisler) (Rice) Dewey.

I will see what I can find on the orders via OCC. I will also try contacting Devon and Paloma again.

I found the trust name listed under section 4-14N-12W. (which shares a well with 33-15N-12W) Look up 201700259 and contact Continental. Start with Continental on this one and that may lead you to the next one.
http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx

What is your name and what is your sister’s? I can look both of you up on a source I have.

Yes, I have been getting OCC orders all along for these–two sets, one addressed to me and one to the Trust. I have signed DOs for my interest with Continental. They have been good to keep track of me.

I was able to download the OCC orders for the 9-15N-13W and Paloma was the applicant; I don’t know if that means they own the lease, but will try to contact them. They have BIG JOE and BIG NUGGET.

I was designated as the Guardian for my sister August of 2017 and was instructed to sell her properties/minerals so she no longer has interest in these mineral interests. However, I had missed our minerals at 9-15N-13W and just before she died, I received DOs for 24-16N-12W and as Guardian, I signed them. I was not able to include either of these in the auction that I had for her other minerals, so I still have them both as part of her estate. I do not have documentation in my personal files of copies of deeds or leases for any of these. My name is: Royce Renee (Rice) Shetlar and my sister’s name was: Lula Maria (Rice) Long.

Hi Renee:

I was on the Big Nugget location about 2 hours ago. The rig is still working. All 3 wells will be drilled from the same pad.

Todd M. Baker