Is there drilling here?

We have been given oil and gas rights to the following sections of land.

Section 26 Township 11N Range 20 W Section 35 Township 11N Range 20 W

I have been trying to figure out if there is drilling there. I have made several calls to companies who have sold the lease to various companies. Is there a way to see if there is an active well in the area an if it is being used?

Well records can be found at: Test

I looked in two sources and did not find any wells drilled since 1945 in those two sections. There was some horizontal drilling in Sec 24 catty corner to sec 26.

You said you had been given the mineral rights. Make sure that your name and address and the granting document copies are on file in the Washita County Courthouse. That way you can be found for any future leasing.

Interesting, we did receive a payment about 10 years ago so I am sure there has been some drilling. I will update the contact info at the county. Thank you!

You might check the unclaimed funds for OK or the state you live in. Sometimes, payments go astray…

Do you know who to contact at the county to update ownership?

Clerk in charge of mineral ownership in the county courthouse. You may have to Google the clerk’s office and then routed to the correct person.

Stephanie: First check the land records to see if your interest appears. Washita County Search If you cannot find your name is it possible that this was an inheritance that has not been finalized? If your name or address changed, a simple updated affidavit filed with the county with land descriptions should do the trick.

This post is not legal, investment or tax advice, it is for discussion purposes only. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney-client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.