Is Madison County in the Eagle Ford?

Does anyone know if Madison County is in the plan for the Eagle Ford Play. I have been doing research but have not found any concrete info yet.

Thanks

Cynthia (New Member)

Cynthia,

I've been trying to find out that very thing to no avail. Did find out about a formation that is being called the Eagle Bine. No details though. I can't find out the formations depth or anything else as of yet. If they tell ya they have to kill ya! You've probably gone to the Eagle Ford web sites and noticed that the direction of the formation should put Madison County in the the middle of it as it runs up to the Northeast. Oil to the North side of the formation Gas to the South side with Madison County in the middle. Eagle Ford well sites/permits, 1 in Houston county in the Northwest corner, Leon, one or two in the southern portion of the County. Brazos has several and Grimes has some permits. I know as of now at least 1 Landman is researching title in Walker. Any updates that you may know would be greatly appreciated.

Martin

Thank you Martin. If I find anything I will keep you posted.

Martin Wampler said:

Cynthia,

I've been trying to find out that very thing to no avail. Did find out about a formation that is being called the Eagle Bine. No details though. I can't find out the formations depth or anything else as of yet. If they tell ya they have to kill ya! You've probably gone the Eagle Ford web sites and noticed the direction of the formation should put Madison County in the the middle of it as it runs up to the Northeast. Eagle Ford well sites/permits, 1 in Houston county in the Northwest corner, Leon, one or two in the southern portion of the County. Brazos has several and Grimes has some permits. I know at least 1 Landman is researching title in Walker Any updates that you may know would be greatly appreciated.

Martin

I have found some very interesting information in .pdf format Texas Petroleum Energy - Woodbine Oil and Gas Development Fund. Apparently, the Woodbine strata is more of a viable play in the Brazos and Madison County area than the Eagleford formation. It is well worth taking a look at http://txpenergy.com/doc/Woodbine_Project_Offering_TXP.pdf

It provides some excellent maps, projected reserves and life of the reserves, drilling direction prospects, etc.

Jack,

Great info. I was unable to find any maps though. Would you be so kind as to share the secret hand shake or trick wink?

Martin

I wonder what happened to the map and when I went back and opened the .pdf it wasn't there. Basically, it was an area to the South of 1372 extending into the north part of Grimes county and the eastern part of Brazos county. My real estate agent who was driving down 1372 said he saw two new drill sites in the area.

I am glad I amended the sales agreement for the sale of the ranch and excluded the mineral rights.

Martin Wampler said:

Jack,

Great info. I was unable to find any maps though. Would you be so kind as to share the secret hand shake or trick wink?

Martin

LOL…I bet you are! Here’s a web site you might enjoy “geology.com”.

Jack Ross said:

I wonder what happened to the map and when I went back and opened the .pdf it wasn't there. Basically, it was an area to the South of 1372 extending into the north part of Grimes county and the eastern part of Brazos county. My real estate agent who was driving down 1372 said he saw two new drill sites in the area.

I am glad I amended the sales agreement for the sale of the ranch and excluded the mineral rights.

Martin Wampler said:

Jack,

Martin

I tried to paste a map of where my real estate agent saw an active drilling rig, but it is impossible to paste a .jpg or .pdf file into this space. Anyway…going on 39 toward Iola away from N. Zulch, the rig is about 1/4 mile down 39 on the right side of the road heading toward Iola away from N. Zulch. There was another rig closer to Madisonville, but too far away from being able to get a fix on it. Our ranch is off of 1372 and 39. We pay school taxes to the N. Zulch school district. Of course, I can try and pick up with Google Earth what is going on…it is so effective that I was able to make out the farm vehicles on our ranch.

Jack,

I may wrong, but I think you'll find those G Earth displays to be dated or should I say concurrent. Try that web site I sent you.

Jack Ross said:

I tried to paste a map of where my real estate agent saw an active drilling rig, but it is impossible to paste a .jpg or .pdf file into this space. Anyway...going on 39 toward Iola away from N. Zulch, the rig is about 1/4 mile down 39 on the right side of the road heading toward Iola away from N. Zulch. There was another rig closer to Madisonville, but too far away from being able to get a fix on it. Our ranch is off of 1372 and 39. We pay school taxes to the N. Zulch school district. Of course, I can try and pick up with Google Earth what is going on...it is so effective that I was able to make out the farm vehicles on our ranch.

I went back to Geology.com and they had a lot more information than I expected from local news sources on local drilling activity (of course this is probably only what the E&P money raisers want to have leaked out). Good for the surrounding areas such as Grimes and Brazos counties as well. JR

Martin Wampler said:

Cynthia,

I've been trying to find out that very thing to no avail. Did find out about a formation that is being called the Eagle Bine. No details though. I can't find out the formations depth or anything else as of yet. If they tell ya they have to kill ya! You've probably gone to the Eagle Ford web sites and noticed that the direction of the formation should put Madison County in the the middle of it as it runs up to the Northeast. Oil to the North side of the formation Gas to the South side with Madison County in the middle. Eagle Ford well sites/permits, 1 in Houston county in the Northwest corner, Leon, one or two in the southern portion of the County. Brazos has several and Grimes has some permits. I know as of now at least 1 Landman is researching title in Walker. Any updates that you may know would be greatly appreciated.

Martin

Martin,

I have been studying the completed well reports and all of them are generally hitting at around 9100' to 9700'.

Martin Wampler said:
LOL....I bet you are! Here's a web site you might enjoy "geology.com".

Jack Ross said:

Martin Wampler said:

Jack,

Martin
Martin,
I must be dumber than a bag of hammers because I have been forwards and backwards on these posts and cannot find the url (website) you listed...sure wish I could.
Jack.
BTW, I am wondering how hard it is to amend a sixty year old lease agreement...not seeking big money...maybe just add just another 1/32nd to our royalties, plus add some other things about land use.

Martin, Do you have Adobe Acrobat? If not go to adobe.com and download the reader for free and then you can read the post.

Martin Wampler said:

Jack,

Martin

HI all,

Please forgive me as I am not very familiar with the oil and gas stuff.

I have been approached by United Resources LP and asked to lease my oil, gas and mineral rights for a period of 3 years to them. Of course I have many questions about this as I am not familiar with it. I am considering the lease but only after consulting with an attorney on the matter.

I have 58 acres just off of 1372 (county rd 408) about 4 miles south of 21.

First question I guess I have is it a good idea to enter into the lease at this time and secondly what offers are reasonable for the area?

David,

All of the things your asking about are negotiable, it's hard to pin down anything. It all depends on location. That area seems to be of interest for drilling which should raise the amount of bonus money and the percent of royalty in your favor. Suggestion only, but find a good Oil and Gas attorney. Bonus money can range from 300 to 700 an acre right now and royalty 3/16 to 1/4 of production. It's your land and whatever is signed you may have to live with forever, if production occurs. Moral, do some research. Hope this helps alittle.

Martin

David said:

HI all,

Please forgive me as I am not very familiar with the oil and gas stuff.

I have been approached by United Resources LP and asked to lease my oil, gas and mineral rights for a period of 3 years to them. Of course I have many questions about this as I am not familiar with it. I am considering the lease but only after consulting with an attorney on the matter.

I have 58 acres just off of 1372 (county rd 408) about 4 miles south of 21.

First question I guess I have is it a good idea to enter into the lease at this time and secondly what offers are reasonable for the area?

Thank you for the response. Right now they are offering $400 and acre and 20% royalty. Doe anyone know of a good attorney? (besides the bottom of the lake jokes lol). Anyone know anything about United resources LP? I spoke with the land manager yesterday and he seemed straight forward but then when he should since he is asking me to enter into an agreement. He did say they have everything around me leased and they really wanted my property but they had signed all of them at $400 an acre. I plan on calling a few of them to see if that is in fact the case, if they will tell me. He also said he had been trying to lease my property for quite a while and the cover letter even says they appoligize for continuing to send out documents. (apparently my uncle has been in negotions with them, even though he actually has no standing in the property. He thinks he does though.) Dont you just love family? Good thing you get to pick your friends.

One other question is in the contract they say they will give me another $3000 an acre for up to 4 acres, for damages, if they do drill. Is that a fair amount? Should I be negotiating that also? I know if they drill the one acre is all but gone after everything is said and done. Acreage in the area is selling for about 6k an acre.

I appoligize for all of the questions but I want to make sure of this before I enter into the agreement.

David,

Every thing is negotiable. Every thing. You kinda have to take the approach that your negotiating for your interests not your neighbors. You have to be reasonable but just because "they did that" is not a very good reason for you to follow. Counter with something you consider to be reasonable and see where it goes from there. I've found that if you don't ask you never know where the limit is located. Sounds like your landman is straight up but remember he's not negotiating for you. He's negotiating for the company. He also negotiates more leases in a month than you will in a life time. If the land in your area is selling for $6000 then $3000 would seem low for me. If your not aware, the things you want are put into an addendum to the lease. There is a wealth of knowledge on this web site. Take some time and do alittle research. It can be a pain in the butt, but it will be more than worth your time. Hope this helps.

Martin

Thank you for the response. I have a call in for an attorney to discuss the lease. I was simply looking to see if the neighbors got $500 or more signing bonus, then I would know if the money offered to me is low.

I do plan on changing the portion of the lease that covers the remaining acre to market rate after drilling and clean up since that acre would not be usable. The other 3 I am ok with the 3k for using it.

I realize money is not the only factor to consider in this and I am researching the other areas also. But I will say I have a heavy background in legal documents (Police administration) and what I see, on the surface looks pretty straight forward. Some areas of concern are placement if they decide to drill and it being left vauge stating " a mutual agreed upon sight would be attempted within reason". What if we can't agree on a drill location?, do they get the overriding decision?

Anyways thank you for the reply.

The location is usually open ended with an exception made to distance from a home,200ft…300ft

I found this map on the RRC web site. http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/eagleford/images/EagleFordShalePlay201106-large.jpg