Is Helium in our future

I have been running into some articles about Helium lately. Is this possibly something for the future in our mineral ownership. I have never seen it in a royalty statement, not sure if it is sold now out of our natural gas. Does anybody have any knowledge on this?

1 Like

Here’s a map of where Helium is found:

1 Like

Total Helium Ltd. (TTLHF) has leased 115,000 acres in western kansas- near Hugoton field- They are focused on helium- those new wells produce helium, methane and propane. Helium is in demand all of a sudden- the tech industry needs it

Avanti (ARGYF) Energy just drilled and completed one of the largest helium wells in north america- in montana- helium is priced way higher than natural gas

I have rights in KS and OK, near locations on the map, and I get paid for HE, I have seen it on my remittances. Total Helium is working with Scout in the Hugoton.

It’s limited and irreplaceable, that is why it is so expensive. A lot of hospital machines depend on it. My dad gets so mad when he sees people with helium balloons. :joy:

I have handled some helium well cases into New Mexico and NE Arizona also.

At what depth is it found in the Hugoton?

Propane is a by product from Oil processed through the Cat Cracker.

Have never heard of Propane being natural .

How long has that been known?

Propane is a by product of Natural Gas along with several others.

NGLs (Natural Gas Liquids) include ethane, propane, butane, iso-butane, and natural gasoline

So has there ever been payments for Helium in the Midland Basin to mineral owners?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.