Is EOG finished drilling in the Smiley area

We have a lease in J Coe A-146. 9 acres of the lease is in a pool with the Spradlin Pool. A well was drilled on the Spradlin pool 2 months ago and we have heard nothing from it. The rest of our lease seems to have been abandoned although EOG has drilled in all pools except our larger tract. I understand that they will not drill additional wells in or around our pool until some time next year. Should we be worried about our lease being abandoned?

Also brings to mind another question. Is there some way I can get a look at the pool where the major part of our lease lies?

Drilling plans change all the time, so I wouldn't sound an alarm. Of course you'd rather them change to developing your property instead of not...

If any wells have been permitted, you can find the plat on the RRC website.

Best of luck,

William,

The Spradlin well 1# was completed on 4/9/2013. Looks like you have a good well. Here is a link of the Initial Production of the well. I also have interest in an EOG well in Gonzales County. My well into production in Jan 2011. I recieved by division order for that unit in May, and my first check in July 2011. With EOG you recieve royalties from January production in your March royalty payment and so forth. That if of course after you get your first check which can be 6-8 months after first production.

The RRC website has a ton of information like maps showing plots of their individual units. If you need additional help please let me know. One question for you...Who informed you that they weren't drilling in more well in your area? I know EOG has a lot of leases to drill before their leases run out and they want to get as much land "Held By Production" before the leases expire. Then they can get come back and drill more.

Hope this helps

Bill

Mr. Johnson,

Apparently we are "mineral neighbors". I've studied the goings-on with the units in the area. The 154 acres lease south of you will expire in August 2014 if not HBP. It doesn't make sense to me that EOG would include just 9 of your acres (and 8 of mine) in the Spradlin if they did not intend to form another unit to drill and hold the rest UNLESS there is a geological reason. IF EOG intends to hold the rest of your acreage and mine, they will need to do it before expiration.

I talked with an EOG rep and he said they would't drill on the "Dollarhide" lease until January. Strange that they just stopped when they have drilled all around us except fo rthe south of us. I tried to get on the site you suggested but was unable to bring it up. I've been there before but I got a new computer and lost the address.

William Murrell said:

William,

The Spradlin well 1# was completed on 4/9/2013. Looks like you have a good well. Here is a link of the Initial Production of the well. I also have interest in an EOG well in Gonzales County. My well into production in Jan 2011. I recieved by division order for that unit in May, and my first check in July 2011. With EOG you recieve royalties from January production in your March royalty payment and so forth. That if of course after you get your first check which can be 6-8 months after first production.

The RRC website has a ton of information like maps showing plots of their individual units. If you need additional help please let me know. One question for you...Who informed you that they weren't drilling in more well in your area? I know EOG has a lot of leases to drill before their leases run out and they want to get as much land "Held By Production" before the leases expire. Then they can get come back and drill more.

Hope this helps

Bill

Are you sure about acreage " held by production"? I was told that unless there was a specific "clause" in the lease that any part of the lease in production would hold the rest of the lease. I hope you are right because if not they could just hold off forever. I am an old guy and that oil money would sure help with bill and such.

Mike Chandler said:

Mr. Johnson,

Apparently we are "mineral neighbors". I've studied the goings-on with the units in the area. The 154 acres lease south of you will expire in August 2014 if not HBP. It doesn't make sense to me that EOG would include just 9 of your acres (and 8 of mine) in the Spradlin if they did not intend to form another unit to drill and hold the rest UNLESS there is a geological reason. IF EOG intends to hold the rest of your acreage and mine, they will need to do it before expiration.

I'm not going to swear to the "HBP" question, but I feel quite certain that the attorney who assisted in the 154 acre lease was sharp enough to include the Pugh clause.

If you look at the acreage that has not yet been included in any unit, it appears to me that there may also be some dealings going on to work out lateral orientation. Obviously, NW to SE is preferable but the available acreage would make some of those laterals short. EOG has orientated some (Lessor A, Reilly) in the area at a NE to SW or N to S with success so I think that they have a plan. Reily Exploration's Liesman Unit to the East is odd shaped and kinda pinches us but I am certain the EOG can make it work.

Can't seem to get to that site, would you mind telling me what the initial production was, bpd?

William Murrell said:

William,

Hope this helps

Bill

William D Johnson said:

Can't seem to get to that site, would you mind telling me what the initial production was, bpd?

William Murrell said:

William,

Hope this helps

Bill

Site appears to be down. Numbers I recall seeing were: 1993 BO, 977 MCF on 32/64 choke.

BTW are you speaking of the Sample prop to the south of us? That's the only place I know that is in the Spradlin lease with us.

William D Johnson said:

William Murrell said:

William,

Hope this helps

Bill

William D Johnson said:

BTW are you speaking of the Sample prop to the south of us? That's the only place I know that is in the Spradlin lease with us.

That is correct. I am an undivided interest owner in that property.

Well perhaps we will meet one day and share a cup of coffee.

Thanks Mike, I finally got the site you gave me. It does look good, maybe EOG will drill 3 or 4 more right beside it :). BTW how were you able to access that info, Ive tried using the site map but it never brings up the well logs when I click on the well.

Mike Chandler said:

William D Johnson said:

William Murrell said:

William,

Hope this helps

Bill

Site appears to be down. Numbers I recall seeing were: 1993 BO, 977 MCF on 32/64 choke.

I have not seen anything yet on TxRRC. I got the numbers off of RigandShale.com. I've also seen mention of good numbers on Eaglefordforum.com.