Is antero retaliatory?

Any discussions here on this subject? Any opinions?

Thank you.

Not sure how you mean “retaliatory”, but Antero is a partner in some fashions, both parties wish to harvest OGM to make money.

If someone has drawn a process out for years, then suddenly decides to sign an agreement, I would not expect Antero or any other production company to give the most favorable terms in the agreement.

Yes sir, it’s only business to them. If one would say, try make them change their plans, they could be difficult to deal with. They may use litigation, re- route their well drilling lateral line around you. Their attorneys don’t always get it right either. You know, whatever is in their best interest to get what they want is putting it nicely.

Thanks for your message. I’m of the opinion that if a project costs them say, $10…and they offer the landowner a nickel to save $5 in costs…they will pay no more than a nickel instead of the land owner’s counteroffer of say, $1… and they accept eating more in costs than to be fair to the landowner. Hence, the landowner should just say no and walk away from the lowball offers. I have.

I am not against holding out for better terms, but acknowledge their pockets are deeper than mine and what may take a long time to settle, can be done quickly and benefit all parties involved. Though many laugh at me, I have found the money spent to hire an Attorney to be well worth the expense, they usually are better at negotiating a fair agreement.

1 Like

Mineral, thanks for your message.

Can you share typical attorney’s terms? 40% of gross? It’s a 1-time payment…no annual payments as you know with them.

Christian Turak charges 6% of the bonus money payment. One time fee. The lawyer fee is expense that can be deducted on the Rents & Royalties schedule on the 1040.

1 Like

John, thank you for your reply. I find that to be reasonable. I plan to give him a call. :slight_smile:

Did speak with Christian…he requires 10% on non lease issues fyi. I have decided to decline the company’s offer. It is a bad deal for the landowner; its not the money; its the principal.

Turek figures a precedent will be set if the gas driller pays more to the landowner for this project (easement).

Its funny as they will pay more to do the work and ignore the savings - rather than pay the landowner a fair price.

Good to know! Turak has only worked on lease agreements for us, and his 6 percent was definitely a bargain.

1 Like

This is dale Oliverio, I lost you number needed to find out what you know about peggy june well pad