Interstate Pipeline

Does anyone know what the going price is in West Virginia for a 32-48 in. interstate FERC regulated gas transmission pipeline? Thanks.

Not sure about FERC regulated, but do know that I got $1 per inch Diameter per linear foot for all pipelines run across me.

Thanks!

Richard G. Robinson said:

Not sure about FERC regulated, but do know that I got $1 per inch Diameter per linear foot for all pipelines run across me.

That sounds right....($1/inch)....are you referring to the ROVER pipeline by the fed?

No, I am writing about the Mountain Valley Pipeline, but also wonder about Dominion and Western Marcellus Pipelines, all of which are going through West Virginia to Virginia and North Carolina. My understanding is that landowners are paid far less when the pipeline is a FERC approved/regulated line because of the right of eminent domain.

Ancel Smith said:

That sounds right....($1/inch)....are you referring to the ROVER pipeline by the fed?

I'd work that price up quite a bit. The FERC approval allows them to hang the threat of eminent domain over your head, but they'll work out an agreement with you first, if they can. Partly that's because you'll probably miss something in the agreement that the court wouldn't miss during the eminent domain hearings, and partly it's because it costs good money to take you to court.

People up in the northern panhandle are talking about $100-$150/foot depending on the size of the pipe for the Rover pipeline. I think we should be talking those kinds of numbers down here, too.

Thanks for your reply, Mr. Nuttall. The MVP is 42 in., but it has become such a hot potato politically in southern WV and pending litigation, I am not sure if FERC can withstand the heat.

What kinds of litigation are they talking about down in southern WV?