Interested in Selling Mineral Rights - Should I sell with Auction House or Personal Negotiations

Thinking about selling mineral rights - is it better to go through Auction house or personal negotiation? Any insight would be great. If anyone has sold mineral rights in Doddridge County - What did they sell for? Average per acre? Who is buying?

1 Like

I have never sold minerals, much less use an auction house. But I recall seeing a post on here a year or two ago from a woman who sold some interests, then found that all of her interests transferred. I don’t know how that was resolved or why it happened, but some folks talked about reading the fine print. If you want to go auction, I’d say be very very cautious.

One of the real questions is; do you have someone in mind for a private sale. If not, how are you going to find one?

Another question is this sale necessary or just desired? If necessary, you might be tempted to accept less than the true arms length value.

Best,

Buddy Cotten

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.