Interest in selling or leasing mineral rights

My family trust has mineral rights in Pittsburg county 29-8N-15E. What is the best way to determine if someone is interested in leasing or purchasing the mineral rights?

Welcome to the forum.

If they are leasing, they will find you if your name and address are correctly filed in the county courthouse. Pretty much the same thing for selling. If you put yourself out there that you are wanting to sell, you will probably get lowballed.

2 Likes

A few months ago I contacted a few companies on the internet who said they were interested in purchasing minerals. I received one offer: 3 x the dollar production which I was receiving from my minerals in a particular section. That’s a really bad deal for me and a really good deal for them: a proven 33% APR rate of return. I did not negotiate and did not sell.

1 Like

Hi, James,

Are you in Section 29 of Pittsburg County? Some members of my extended family have received an inquiry (Mayhawk and Grayton); however, my mother did not for the same net acreage. Certainly, their floated proposal was interesting but it was not firm, just enough to generate possible interest.

As far as I can tell, nothing has come about because of it.

Mary

No, we are in 6n and 6n of 13e. Thanks for the information.