Interest in purchasing our mineral rights

Calvin Hullam has been pursuing our mineral rights. I’ve heard they are doing some helium drilling in the area. Does anyone have any up to date information.

Plateau Helium / VVC is doing some exploration around there. If you search for their webpage they have a lot of info. I believe the first thing they did was repair an old gas well to produce again. I’ve sent post cards out to owners in that area also but never got any responses.

1 Like

What’s the legal description of where your minerals are located?

S30,T25,R40W We are not interested in selling mineral rights just wanted some current leasing information.

check out Total Helium (TTLHF)- they have leased 115.000 acres near the Hugoton field in kansas- drilling some nice helium wells

I own mineral rights in Hamilton County, Kansas. There is a gas well that has been shut in for several years. I’m interested in helium. I’m not interested in selling mineral rights.

Yes, thank you I found that information. I also found an old offer and I’m just not comfortable paying post productions costs which is part of their offer…

Post Production costs can really lower your overall royalty. Kansas Law is basically rooted completely in case law at this point. On some leases in SW Kansas there are no post production costs at all (and it’s not because I have good lease) and others take massive deductions - I believe it depends on whether the operator owns the gathering / transportation system or not as to whether they can pass down those charges. The vast majority of my leases there are 1940s / 1950s with no good clauses or protective language.

We have a good oil & gas attorney in Oklahoma that updated our Exhibit A a few years ago. It makes a BIG difference and we’ve had very little pushback on the leases we’ve negotiated.

A little knowledge can go a long way. No one wants to feel like they could’ve negotiated better if only they’d known what to ask for.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.