Interest in minerals assigned to wrong person

I have found that my family retained the minerals to land and the confusion was because of a deed reservation of 1/16 and someone along the way established the deed as being a reservation of a royalty when in fact the land was under lease when it was sold. So the reservation in the deed was for the 1/16 interest they held so since 1948 lease payments were made to the grantee on the deed what do I do now

You need to have an Oil & Gas attorney review the document and see what was conveyed and what was retained. The state the minerals are in will make a difference on the interpretation of the language.

It’s in Texas sorry I forgot to mention and all the other property’s connected to this when sold by different owners have the same reservation and state in deed that property was leased

Leased or not generally does not effect any language having to do with the minerals. You need to have your deed reviewed by a TX attorney versed in Oil & Gas law.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.