Interest in Latimer 23-5N-21E

Over the past 8-10 months I have received several unsolicited offers from" Land Acquisition" types to buy my surface and minerals in section 23 of 5N 21E of Latimer county. While I’m an out-of-state owner, I have friends in the area and no one seems to know why anyone would be interested in the property. I believe BP did a seismic study several decades ago but there’s been no drilling nor survey work in the area since then. Does anyone in the forum know anything? Anything to satisfy my curiosity would be appreciated.

EnerQuest is leasing in section 7.

Thank you.

That’s a good distance away from section 23-5N-21E for people to be showing interest.

Even if they are leasing from the Range to the east, it’s still a good distance away. In any case its good to see some interest in the area.

Thank you again

Unit Petroleum was leasing in that township in late 2019. They are now in bankruptcy, so things may have slowed down quite a bit during the downturn.

EnerQuest bought Unit’s interests there (or at least some of them, including section 7).

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.