Interest in Brown County, TX

I just found out that I have mineral interest in Brown County. Specifically, in the Harbin Alcorn unit run by Southwestern Gas Systems. It is minor interest but I would like to know where this is located within Brown County. But…I don’t have enough information to find anything on the RRC GIS locator. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks. Donna Shepherd

Looks like this well doesn’t show up on the RRC GIS viewer. API is (42)049-80188. Lease number is 035109. Operator number 806190. Field BROWN CO. REGULAR (MARBLE FALLS) 12406500.
Best guess is somewhere in the north half of A-47, as several wells there have the same operator and field designation. Some documents back to the 1990’s and there has been consistent low production for some time, but not much for specific location info that I could find.

There is also another older well with a similar name that also does not show up on the RRC viewer. API 049-80099, Lease 018422 is about twenty years older and indicates it is in the JC Mullin Survey A-1377. This is some distance away from A-47 and does not have as many wells operated by Southwestern Gas Systems. You may have to call the operator or find your mineral deed to get a better idea of where your well of interest is located.

Thanks, PeteR, for your response. I did call Southwestern Gas Systems & spoke to them about it. From what I was told, it looks like your first response might be the one because my grandmother has been paid every year since Southwestern Gas acquired the well from whoever had it before them. This is the area where she was born & J.C. Mullins was her grandfather so it all makes sense. This is mineral interest I never knew about until we found unclaimed property held by the state in her name. We knew of mineral interest in Dawson County but never knew about Brown County. The Mullins family were some of the first settlers in TX & in that area. I appreciate your help.

The well in the JC Mullins area was the better producer of the two. Thanks for filling in the rest of the story since the RRC data was missing some pieces. Interesting that the story goes back that far in Texas history.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.