Inquiry regarding Lea Co NM leasing activity

I own 19.1413 net mineral acres in Sec 1, T16S, 37E & have been approached to sell my mineral interest. This tract is currently unleased but was previosly leased & upon expiration a couple years ago was not renewed. Is any leasing activity occurring in this immediate area? I am curious why an oil company now wants to buy my interest & the possible value.

Phillip Houchin

Phillip,

My family owns 180 acres mineral rights in Lea County and as far as I know, there has NOT been any successful wells on OUR portion of it… we had it leased four or five years ago but it lapsed

NEVER drilled on our acres

always hopeful

the only reason to buy your minerals is if they MIGHT drill… someday…

IN THE FUTURE

if you don’t mind, what are they offering?? I love to ‘keep up’ with what IS going on in the Permian, specifically Lea County, NM.

jim waldrep san angleo, tx

jr@wallew.org

Hey Phillip, There has been some leasing going on in the past 2 years around section 1. Mostly to the Southwest. Not much in terms of Permitting and drilling. Hope that helps.

Thanks for both of your comments which were helpful in my decision making process.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.