Inherited royalties-what do I own?

This was onwed by my grandmother, left in trust to my mother and myself. Alta Mesa drilled and i receive royality checks each month. My question is how do i found out exactly what percent, or how much i truly own? And if there is any new activity. Thank you.

For activity, you need to provide the Section, Township & Range.

As far as knowing what you own, if you will take the decimal shown on your royalty check, multiply time the spacing acreage (generally 640 acres) divide by the royalty percentage on the lease will give you the number of net mineral acres. If the well(s) are part of a multi-unit well, you have to get the unit percentages from information at the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.

You can also search online for your grandmother’s name and try to determine what she owns. okcountyrecords.com.

1 Like

I am sorry. I had it in the title then i changed it.

Kingfisher County

Section 10 Township 15N Range 05W

Contact the operator’s Division Order analyst and ask nicely for a copy of the paragraph of the title opinion that states what you own and a copy of the original lease. You need to ask for the net acres and royalty that they are crediting you with. Have your owner number ready (it is on your check statement.). BCE MACH III bought out Alta Mesa, so you should be getting checks from them.

You can check for new permits on the OCC wellrecords site. Test. Search by surface location. Form 1000 is permit. In the case of horizontal wells, they are sometimes permitted in a nearby section and then the perforations are in the section of interest. In your case, the surface location of your HZ well is in section 15. The Fireball 1505 1-10MH is yours.

You can also search on www.okcountyrecords.com under your grandmother’s name and see what she might have owned through a probate or purchase. Free to look, small fee to print.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.