Inherited Oil, Gas, Mineral lease and need help?

My grandmother died in 2008 and left an Oil, Gas & Mineral lease to be shared by my daughter and her cousin. They stopped sending checks when they were notified of her death. How does one go about getting the lease transferred into the executors name? I am a firefighter/paramedic in the state of Washington (and the lease is in Bakersfield,CA) and this is out of my scope of expertise. I would really appreciate any/all help anyone may share.

...Kenny

I also am having a problem. I did pay a dollar to have it transferred. Lost the description and all I have is Ca, Ker, 12N 19W S.332.0666 mil.

Hi Kenny. I’m brand new to this forum, but I’ll share my experience. When my father passed away a couple years ago I had to get the lease checks transferred into my mother’s name (who was executor and trustee). I started with looking at my dad’s tax records. He had a 1099-MISC from Vintage Petroleum and a phone number. I called that number and found the right person. After a couple emails and faxes it was done. Since it’s been more than 5 years your grandmother’s lease has probably expired. To start with you need to file a deed transfer with Kern County going from your grandmother (grantor) to you (grantee), guardian of daughter and xx, guardian of cousin. Once they reach 18, they can be listed as themselves through another transfer. Hopefully you have access to your grandmothers tax records or if not, look into hiring a Landman. The guy who tracked down my folks was Stephen Harris 213-999-7344.

Great info. that puts me on the right path. Thank you:)

Charles Hart said:

Hi Kenny. I’m brand new to this forum, but I’ll share my experience. When my father passed away a couple years ago I had to get the lease checks transferred into my mother’s name (who was executor and trustee). I started with looking at my dad’s tax records. He had a 1099-MISC from Vintage Petroleum and a phone number. I called that number and found the right person. After a couple emails and faxes it was done. Since it’s been more than 5 years your grandmother’s lease has probably expired. To start with you need to file a deed transfer with Kern County going from your grandmother (grantor) to you (grantee), guardian of daughter and xx, guardian of cousin. Once they reach 18, they can be listed as themselves through another transfer. Hopefully you have access to your grandmothers tax records or if not, look into hiring a Landman. The guy who tracked down my folks was Stephen Harris 213-999-7344.