Inherited oil and mineral rights

I inherited my mother’s portion of 109 acres of oil and mineral rights in Weatherford Texas. She passed away 2 years ago.

I’m told by a family member that the Oil wells were capped several years ago by Devon.

I don’t know where to go from here. I’m new to this. Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Terri

1 Like

Do you have a legal description, such as the Abstract number or Survey name? Well name?

Yes. It is James Clayton Survey, Abstract No. A-228 Parker County, Texas. Louie Michu Gas Unit

Range Resources drilled a well back in 2006 / 2007, but it never produced and was plugged in 2007. There is a Devon well adjacent to this Abstract, but it did not include said Abstract. The Devon well produced less than 100,000 mcf of gas and was plugged in 2013. There is also an XTO well that is adjacent, but it is also plugged. It does not appear this was a highly productive area.

Wow! Thank you so much for your information. I truly appreciate it!

Devon leased the land for a while to see if any production. I have the Devon lease agreement.

There is currently leaseing going on in Parker County. Hang on and see what happens unless you really need the money bad.

Thank you for the update!

Wondering if anyone here knows how I can transfer inherited mineral rights into my name??

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.