Inherited minerals in Hockley Co Tx

I have inherited three tracts of minerals in Hockley Co Tx. Can someone point me in the direction for best place to find activity? Thanks so much!

Terisa:

Its a big county so you should provide a legal description before someone here can assist you.

If you are wanting drilling/permitting activity, you can find it through the TXRRC GIS site here: https://gis.rrc.texas.gov/GISViewer/ and at the top, select Go To: Hockley. Then, click the magnifying glass and select Survey. In the survey search box, enter whatever legal description information that you have (Abstract # is easiest), then click Query. It will zoom to your area. You can click the ā€œiā€ at the top and select well. Now, you can search around the area and click on the wells to see well information, permit info, production, etc. If you are looking for lease buying or mineral purchasing activity, Hockley County public records are online on texasfile.com. You can search by legal description there in Advanced search. Let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks Todd!

Tract ONE: The North half (N/2) of Labor Number Thirteen (13), League Number Nineteen (19), Wichita Co School Land, Hockley Co, Tx.

Tract TWO: Labor Number Six (6) , League Number Fifteen, Howard County School Land, Hockley County, Texas.

Tract THREE: All of the oil, gas and other minerals in and under and that may be produced from Lots Number nine (9) and Ten (10), Block 145 of the Re-subdivision of Blocks 135, 136, 137, 138, 143, 144, 145, and 146 of the original Town of Levelland, Hockley Co, Texas.

Thank you so much, Kendall! I knew how to research for Oklahoma records but never in Texas. Iā€™ll check it out! You made my day!

Iā€™m so glad, Terisa! Feel free to reach out if you want more help digging. Those town lots can be tricky to research.

Kyndall, I was able to pull up the abstract number but hit a dead end. Iā€™ve tried to get hold of PPC Operating with no luck. Phone number is disconnected and the landman is nowhere to be found. Abstract # is A-143. I donā€™t know the well name. Of if there was a well drilledā€¦. :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Hockley County TX, A-143 image below. MK

Thanks Mike. I was able to access this but I donā€™t have a well number. I signed the lease in ā€˜2013 but have heard nothing since. Where donā€™t look to see if there was ever a well drilled? Thanks for your input! Terisa

1 Like

@Terisa_L_Miller, OOps I deleted a post. So based on what you said below I changed the Image. You donā€™t have to choose the operator, Choose your county though, also you are in District 8A and follow the rest of the directions. This should help you. Since you signed in March of 2023 most likely it was spud in 2022 sometime. This is on the TRRC site as a query for drilling permits MK Link to TRRC drilling permits query

Signed the lease in March of 23. Iā€™m not able to see the list u sent. Blurs out when I zoom in. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried calling every number I can find for PPC Operating Company LLC HOUSTON TX. None are in service. Are they out of business?

Hi, Terisa. You will want to find your tracts on a map and then compare it to the wells that are on the TXRRC GIS. It looks like you have a handful of small tracts that are spread out a bit. The best way to find where your tracts lie will be on the Hockley CAD GIS. Link: BIS Consulting Web App You will have to get creative and hunt a peck a bit, I was able to find your first tract as property ID: 10952. I searched by ā€œwichita csl, lge 19ā€ in the ā€˜search hereā€™ bar in the upper left corner. The lots in tract 3 will probably be found through ā€œblock 145ā€. In general, they look like very small tracts that would need to be pooled into more of a ā€˜urban drillingā€™ type play, which I really donā€™t see evidence of. You may also see if your operator filed any pooled unit agreements with the county. There is a decent chance the minerals were not developed. Also, I did a quick search in DrillingInfo to see if ā€œPPCā€ had any wells in Hockely and there were no results.

Thank you Kendyll for the help. Iā€™ve not been able to find any activity, nor have I found a way to contact the operator, PPC Operating out of Houston. I appreciate Kate your input and efforts.