Inherited Minerals in Hill County

Going through old documents and I see I inherited some mineral rights in Hill County, Montana.

Hill County, Montana Elandson Minerals North 1/2, Sec. 8 Township 32 North, Range 12 East

Do these mineral rights have any current value?

I appreciate all of the help from those of you in the industry.

Regards, Luke Alexander.

Luke, you can check on the Montana Oil and Gas Board GIS site:http://www.bogc.dnrc.mt.gov/WebApps/DataMiner/MontanaMap.aspx That location currently shows no existing or producing wells. It may be possible to sell these on various auction sites.

Pete,

Thanks for the advice.

Luke

Luke,

Sorry to be so brief, but open minerals are notoriously hard to put a value on. As noted, there are still speculators who will buy them, although the prices are roughly the cost to transfer title. Even then, at least to the unaided eye, it seems there are some properties that go for more without any apparent connection to existing production or exploration. Some dealers won’t even touch them. From my own experience, we have some properties that were idle for years, and then, all of the sudden, they weren’t. Some, I’m sure my grandkids will still be waiting for something to happen.

Just talked to a friend of mine in northern Hill county, Thor energy out of Calgary AB is looking to lease ground in Hill county. They are trying to explore for helium. Look Thor energy and Avanti energy up on line. Personally i would not sell them until we see how helium exploration turns out. Tom

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.