Inherited minerals in Garfield County

Hi all!

So I inherited many royalty interests in Garfield, Kingfisher and Pope, AR and was given no info. I have found most on the OCC but there are two I need in Garfield that I cannot locate because they are lot and block legal descriptions.

1. Lots 22 and 23, Block 1 Douthitt’s 2nd Addn to Enid, Garfield County.

2. N 75’ of Lots 1-4, Block 28, Portland Place to Enid, Garfield County.

I have emailed this info to OCC about 2 months ago and they will not return my calls or emails. So how do I go about finding information on these royalties to see if they are producing?

I’m very new to the mineral rights community but I do have 12 years of abstracting behind me so I’m very knowledgeable with legal and such.

I’d appreciate any info someone could give me to see if these are producing or not. We have not received any royalties on these as the Estate was just finalized but like I said I had to find all royalties on my own because my grandfathers strayed wife wouldn’t give us any information. The court awarded all rights to me and 3 other heirs.

Thanks again and I appreciate and value any and all input!

Do you have a section, township and range on those descriptions? It should be on the documents. Those look like town lots, not section lots. Can you can a plat of the Enid town and find the additions on it?

You might call the Garfield county courthouse (580-237-0226-last number I have) and see if they can help you narrow in. They may need to know who you inherited from in order to search their records. You might also try the End-Garfield County Metropolitan Area Planning Commission and see if they can send you a map. 580-234-0400.