Inherited Minerals from Grandfather

I inherited mineral rights from my grandmother. SE quarter Section 22 Township 16S Range 37E and SW quarter Section 10 Township 16S Range 37E. Can anyone tell me anything about this location? I’m not even sure where to start. I would like to sell the mineral rights. Any guidance appreciated. Thank you.

There is not a lot of activity here. You are well outside the prolific Delaware Basin. Below is a map of the township. You can see your Sections 10 and 22 have only red wells, which are plugged and abandoned. Most of the active wells are older and are in the southwest corner in the West Lovington Field. I would not expect any new drilling here in the near future. If you don’t need to sell, I would hold onto them as I think you will have a tough time trying to sell them.

Dave

Thank you for your response Dave! Much appreciated. I did receive a very low offer a year ago before I was able to sell. I wonder if I should revisit it?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.