Inherited minerals and now a lease offer

I received a letter from an energy company to lease my mineral rights. Do I need a lawyer to explain the fine print?

The land is in the Rosita Valley Ranch. They want to do new drilling. The wells are capped. Is this a good idea?

I would highly recommend having a good oil and gas attorney review any lease prior to signing. The first draft of those leases are always in the operator’s favor rather than yours, and highly negotiable. There are a lot of “gotchas” to be aware of.

Drilling new wells in an area where there are existing plugged/capped wells shouldn’t be an issue, and I’m generally in favor. Was there something they said that caught your ear as odd? If you give the legal description of the land I can take a look at what they might be doing.

You can observe qualified professionals (often with localized expertise) who provide services to mineral owners right here on The Mineral Rights Forum. You will notice them among 3 different instances on the site:

• in display image ads and/or brief text messaging on site

• in our Mineral Service Provider Directory in the main navigation above. These are arranged by professional discipline.

• as a Business Member participating in many conversations throughout the site (note the blue colored “B” on their picture and blue text on their posts).

These practitioners are often able to provide the specific (and often localized) services that meet your needs.

The Mineral Rights Forum Administration

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.