Inherited Mineral Rights Probate

My mother recently passed and left 100 mineral acres in Section 35 of Love County Oklahoma. We are Texas residents. My attorney stated that most of the time Oklahoma courts will not accept Texas probate. Does anyone have experience with this?

Good morning. That is correct that Oklahoma courts do not accept Texas probates. You will need to probate in Oklahoma. You can sometimes do an ancillary probate, but unfortunately Texas probates don’t usually conform to allow ancillary probates from Texas.

Richard Winblad has several posts along this topic. You will have to probate according to Oklahoma law.