Inherited mineral rights in Liberty Texas

Hello,

We inherited mineral rights in Liberty County,Texas and I don’t know where to begin to find out if any royalties is due.
The legal description is 000104 J E Self, Tract 31 Acres 10.0.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

@Sheila_Rob, it looks like the wells in the JE Self survey, A-104, were plugged between 5 to 10 years ago. Most likely there are no royalties due, although you could also check on the Texas unclaimed property site.

@PeteR…Thank you for prompt reply. How do I look up the well or lease number associated with A104? We signed lease agreement with BHP Petroleum Americas Inc, out of Houston many years ago and never heard anything back from them. I’m not sure on where I need to start searching or even the right questions to ask.

Follow the link to the Texas Railroad Commission, type in Liberty county, click on the magnifying glass, pulldown to Survey, and enter your abstract number A-104 to see wells that may affect your property RRC Public GIS Viewer (texas.gov).

You can also search the mineral tax roll online with the Liberty Tax Assesor to see if any taxes were assessed for well(s) you may find.

@Sheila_Rob, the best place to look things up is https://gis.rrc.texas.gov/GISViewer/ With some practice you can use the magnifying glass to search for Survey , Abstract, 104. You will get the map shown previously and below. On the map below I’ve tried to indicate, roughly, where your 10 acres is located. The two closest wells were previously operated by BHP Petroleum Americas, but then later in 1996 by Hilcorp. Hilcorp is still an active company. Due to the length of time since the wells are plugged, it seems most likely that any unclaimed royalties from these wells might be left in the unclaimed property.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.