Inherited Mineral Rights from Grandfather

Attempting to find out about inherited rights … Edward M. Neuhaus was my grandfather.

We need more info than just a name. State and County would be a good start. In a Yahoo search of the name there were over 345K hits alone. MK

I believe Cypress Minerals in Oklahoma somewhere … we are from IL and at one time I contacted some company out there for my mother but she misplaced the paper work and has passed away.

I have no idea in Oklahoma. Maybe Ms Barnes or someone else can help you? Cypress Minerals is not a county, an operator maybe? More info is needed from you? MK

I did a couple of quick searches and Edward M. Neuhaus did not show up on www.okcountyrecords.com or on Enverus search. That does not mean he does not exist, just not showing up on digital records which are only the last few decades.

There are a few leases with Cypress Mineral Partners LLC (in LA) or Cypress Minerals LLC (in TX) in the name. There are quite a few other companies in OK with Cypress in the name.

You said inherited, but what document do you have or is it just word of mouth. If you have a document, it “should” give the description.

1 Like

There is a Edward K. Neuhaus out there, but I am finding him only in Texas.

Found a lot of records when searching for that last name via Mineral Holders site. Might check there. You could apply additional filters to the search to narrow things down if they have records.

The county courthouses are the ultimate legal repository for title documents. I just checked Mineral Holders and they have a very incomplete list for my own minerals, so they are not on my top tier of places to look.

1 Like