Inherited land in N Dakota

It has actually been 8 years since my sister and I inherited land in N Dakota in Mercer county. It isn’t a ton of land. Coteau properties sends us each a check for $38.00 a year for holding the rights I think. The agreement we are on was signed in 1970. It is now up for a new lease. They want to continue the 38.00 a year and give us an $800.00 signing bonus. They are interested in coal. In my opinion there probably isn’t much to be made from coal there but I’m not sure. The location is township 145N range 90 West section 29 if that helps. I don’t even know how to actually go to the actual property. Thanks for any help.

What is your specific question?

That would have been good to state! Ha. Is that a normal lease and price? I believe it is only like 8 acres each.

I cannot comment on the price. But since you inherited, you should make sure that your probate documents are on file in the county courthouse and that you have each claimed the minerals under the dormant mineral act under your own names. It has to be done every 20 years.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.