Information Wanted

I am interested in any information regarding leasing in Sharkey County, MS. Looking for bonus, royalty. terms, et. I would appreciate any activity you might know about in the area, including operators.

My wife's family has a mineral lease of about 800 acres in Sharkey County, Township 11 North, Range 7 West, and all or part of Sections 5, 6, 7, 8.

Thanks

FO

FO:

It appears that you were approached at the same window of time as our family. We have 1600 acres of mineral rights in Sharkey County and we leased our right out back in 2011.

We are in the Pacific Northwest so we have no idea of the oil/gas activity within Sharkey County.

Have you heard any news about what has happening in terms of oil/gas discoveries in Sharkey County since 2011?

DDS

Mr. Smith; can you tell us what your per acre bonus and royalty percentage were? We were getting offered $25/acre for some 10 years. I don't remember the royalty, but it was equally as low. Do you know who is/was leasing in the area?

A lot of leases were taken by Solar Resources & Blackstone Minerals in Sharkey & Issaquenna counties early to mid 2011. I discovered this when we were doing some research at the county records.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

I got an offer to lease some minerals in Sharkey county last week. $25 per acre bonus with a 1/8 royalty. I didn't even ask the length of lease they were looking to get. I was told they already had a unit permitted and were looking to add another unit soon. Hopefully someone will come back with a better offer.

Recordman;

Do you know if others in the area are getting offers as well? From what I can tell there isn't any permit activity, or I am not using the right online tools. We are in central TX so online research is all we have. Did make a trip last summer to look up old records because the counties don't seem to have any records online.

FO

Fayette Owner,

Sorry but I don't know about others being offered or not. I'm not located in the area either so I'm going on my offer and online research. The permit that I found in Sharkey County is in Sec. 26, 13N 6W by Southwest Energy Production Co. The well is called the Lee 26-13 #1 and the API number is: 2312520035 You can use that number to look up the permit on the MSOGB mapping website: http://gis.ogb.state.ms.us/MSOGBOnline/

I only searched for wells and permits in areas of the county where I have mineral rights so there may be others. Hope this helps you.