Information on these mineral rights

I have been trying to locate any information on royalties for a 60 acre lease for the Northwest Quarter of the Northwest Quarter, (NW4 NW4) and the West Half of the Northeast Quarter of the Northwest Quarter (W2 NE/4 NW/4) of Section157, Block 97 H&TC Survey, Scurry County Texas. Was managed by a Midland, TX company now out of business. No communication in years despite hundreds of attempts.

I’m not actually seeing any producing wells in the NW4 of 157. The active well operated by Bills, LT is a salt water disposal well.

In the whole section, only the TOWLE #1 in the SE4 is somewhat producing, and that one is even now inactive as of Feb 2020. Do you know the name(s) of the well(s) in the lease you think should be providing royalties?

Hi Tracy: Where does one get the map information that your shared? I have property in Mitchell Co bordering Scurry and would like to see what is going on around it. Thanks for sharing if you can. Andy

Hello Tracy, Thank you for your reply.

Sharp Image Energy out of Big Spring, TX was the lessee back in Nov. 2006, lease was for 3 years. They are not returning my calls now.
The information I have is one-sixth (1/6) royalties 60 gross acres. Section 157 of Block 97 of Scurry County.

My specific source was DrillingInfo, but the license is pricey and really only makes sense if you’re in it all day every day like I am. The Texas RRC has a good map with lots of info you could almost replicate it exactly with (but maybe with less labeling options?). http://gis.rrc.texas.gov/GISViewer/

It looks like they did drill a well in 2007 (the Clements 157 #1) and completed it 11/17/07, but it was reported as a dry hole and has no production or well tests. The target formation was the CANYON LIME AREA,REEF at 7,350’ depth.

Without any production there would be no royalties paid out. Also, most leases have a production clause that would cause the lease to lapse even if there was a well drilled within the primary term, so it’s very likely you also no longer leased.

Traci, Thank you, this is good information. Question: is there a database or website that I can update my contact information?

Update your address through the county courthouse and the taxing authority. Most counties have a very specific format that they want it in, so give them a call or look on their website to see if that have the form available.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.