Info Request

Any activity in Sections 26-6S-6E, 27-6S-6E or 36-6S-6E ? Original leases have expired, looking to re-lease. Would also like to find a map of the area where these sections are located. Suggestions?

Brenda,

Here is a Oklahoma DOT map of Marshall Co.

http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/Maps/county/map_co_48-marshall.pdf

Township are numbered

6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

7, 8, 9,10,11,12

Looks like your mineral rights are under the Texhoma State Park.

Thank you! Under the State Park? That doesn't sound good. Inherited the rights and leased for three years, now expired. I appreciate your reply!!

Brenda,

The activity is up in section 1. See the attached drilling plan labeled S-1, S-2, S-3, S-4, G-1, G-2, and G-3.

OCC4382660.PDF

Brenda,

If you have had a lease before, then you should be able to get another lease, under the state park or not.

My lease is with RD Williams in Ardmore, which are landmen for XTO. I would have to look again, don't remember which sections close to you have had action. But, these seem to be a few miles north.

Daniel,

Our leases were with Chesapeake who apparently transferred them to XTO somewhere along the way without any notification to us. They expired in February. We heard RD Williams was leasing in surrounding townships. We also heard there was some activity in Section 3 north of us. I don't know if there is any current pooling or not for leases in our area. (proper term???) I suppose we could reach out to RDW for information. Thanks!

A well can be drilled at an angle from an adjacent section, so a well could draw from under the lake. The bigger question is whether the subsurface has enough oil mixed with the gas to make it a high priority to drill right now. If gas stays at $6 per thousand cubic feet then the oil content won't matter as much.