Info on township 158 n, r102, sections 07,15,18

Comment by Cheryl Elliott just nowDelete Comment

Hello, We have signed a lease for 3 different parcels of land (sections). One of these does have a well on it and just came off the Confidential List, we are just waiting on Division Orders to be sent out at the end of the month. Would you know how I can find out if there is any activity on the other two parcels? I have not gotten very much info from the Lessee. I have signed up for the "basic" subscription service ($50) but am not finding anything, I guess I am not sure what to look for either.

I am looking for info for Township 158 N, R102, Section 07,15,18.

Thank You for any help!

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

As you already know you have a producing well in Section 15, no activity in 18 or 7 yet. My family also have parcels in 15 and 18.

Rick

Cheryl:

As Richard states, there is actually a producing well, the operator is HRC Operating LLC (Poeckes 1-15-22H) and another off the same pad which is by the same operator (Poeckes 1-10-3H) in confidential status. The active well has a lateral covering Sections 15 & 22.

Cheryl, if you have the basic subscription, you can look on the GIS server map for rig symbols. You can also do a well search by sections from the home page of the O&G site and it will give a spud date if they have begun drilling. You can also look on the Confidential Well list, all permits "are" confidential wells but only drilled wells will have a date upon which they come off the Confidential list.

The information you need is there you just need to know where to look for it. As Richard says, the other sections have not been drilled yet, if you want to track progress you can watch rig movements reports to see when a rig is moving to one of your undrilled sections or just wait for the rig symbol to appear on one of your sections on the GIS server map.

After your well is drilled and completed, it may be that the first place that production shows up will be general statistics, because sale of oil is public record and can't be held confidential. It is a pain to search the General Statistics because it is organized by Fields and there are many fields and thousands of wells producing, but it can be done.

I hope this helps

Cheryl,

Also, click on the "well production" tab and enter your well file number, in this case 24536. It will give you all the production numbers.

Rick

Wow thank you for your info! I have looked up the well production for this case #24536, as I can see an "Authorization to Purchase and Transport Oil" was signed on 9-28-13. When we have received our Division Orders and return them, do royalties get paid back to Oct 2013 when it shows barrels were sold? And Rick we are in on the same well!

Cheryl

You are correct. Judging from the plate book you must be part of the Muller clan. After the division order is issued you will receive retroactive royalties back to the 1st barrel sold.

Rick

Cheryl Elliott said:

Wow thank you for your info! I have looked up the well production for this case #24536, as I can see an "Authorization to Purchase and Transport Oil" was signed on 9-28-13. When we have received our Division Orders and return them, do royalties get paid back to Oct 2013 when it shows barrels were sold? And Rick we are in on the same well!

Cheryl

My mom goes back to the Haugen/Krogen Clan, she is 83 and I am just hoping and praying she will see something from these mineral rights to do something fun for herself while she still can!

Another question if I may.... this well was on the Confidential List back in March of 2013, my understanding is a well can only be on that for 90 days and this well went way over that, any penalties for that? Or am I miss understanding? Just trying to understand things so I can "relay" info to other family members.

Thank you again!

Cheryl

Cheryl,

My maternal grandmother was Hazel Ward. She ran the Williston Hotel until the late 80's. John Huagen farmed the land for her for years.

Wells are on the confidential list for 6 months. The well was started 8/7/13, the "spud date". 1st production was the end of Sept.'13.

Rick

Cheryl Elliott said:

My mom goes back to the Huagen/Krogen Clan, she is 83 and I am just hoping and praying she will see something from these mineral rights to do something fun for herself while she still can!

Another question if I may.... this well was on the Confidential List back in March of 2013, my understanding is a well can only be on that for 90 days and this well went way over that, any penalties for that? Or am I miss understanding? Just trying to understand things so I can "relay" info to other family members.

Thank you again!

Cheryl

Cheryl, all permits are confidential wells and can with permit extentions remain on the confidential list for years. The true confidential status lasts 6 months and does not BEGIN until the operator requests it and there is no stipulated time at which the operator must request it. Most operators request confidential status when they reach total depth while drilling the well which is why so many leave confidential status and are DRL which stands for drilling, because they have not yet been completed.

The operator, at their option could request confidential status just before initial production as I believe has been done in at least one case, to extend the confidential status to it's maximum extent. Of course the operator should have been filing information before that time which should have been available but the NDIC is lax, I have seen polite letters in well files stretch for 2 years because an operator has not submitted some part of the record and the letters only get a little frosty after 2 years of the report not being filed. I believe that those working for the NDIC don't want to mention the penalty for not filing because the penalties were set so long ago that a speeding ticked would have a greater dollar cost than the fine for a late filing. Remember, the cost of the permit to drill a 10 million dollar well is only $100 and may well not cover the states cost in issuing the permit and overseeing the process.
Cheryl Elliott said:

My mom goes back to the Haugen/Krogen Clan, she is 83 and I am just hoping and praying she will see something from these mineral rights to do something fun for herself while she still can!

Thank you again!

Cheryl

Thanks for thoroughly filling in all the blanks in the process Mr. Kennedy. You always educate.

Rick

r w kennedy said:

Cheryl, all permits are confidential wells and can with permit extentions remain on the confidential list for years. The true confidential status lasts 6 months and does not BEGIN until the operator requests it and there is no stipulated time at which the operator must request it. Most operators request confidential status when they reach total depth while drilling the well which is why so many leave confidential status and are DRL which stands for drilling, because they have not yet been completed.

The operator, at their option could request confidential status just before initial production as I believe has been done in at least one case, to extend the confidential status to it's maximum extent. Of course the operator should have been filing information before that time which should have been available but the NDIC is lax, I have seen polite letters in well files stretch for 2 years because an operator has not submitted some part of the record and the letters only get a little frosty after 2 years of the report not being filed. I believe that those working for the NDIC don't want to mention the penalty for not filing because the penalties were set so long ago that a speeding ticked would have a greater dollar cost than the fine for a late filing. Remember, the cost of the permit to drill a 10 million dollar well is only $100 and may well not cover the states cost in issuing the permit and overseeing the process.
Cheryl Elliott said:

Thank you again!

Cheryl

Mr. Radke, I needed to know at one time and didn't, I also never stop at just the answer in my own searches because there could be more to learn. I believe that what you don't know may not hurt you but what you do know that is not true is likely to bite you so it's best to get some confirmation. I learn some interesting things searching farther.

Thank you Mr. Kennedy for sharing your knowledge! I am truly just trying to "figure" some of this stuff out. I just don't want my mom to be taken advantage of. I am so glad I found this website, thanks again for sharing!

Cheryl

Cheryl,

I heard from Halcon Resources today. Division Orders will be mailed in a couple of weeks, royalty checks later in March.

Rick

Cheryl Elliott said:

Thank you Mr. Kennedy for sharing your knowledge! I am truly just trying to "figure" some of this stuff out. I just don't want my mom to be taken advantage of. I am so glad I found this website, thanks again for sharing!

Cheryl

Rick

That is Awesome news, thanks for sharing!

BTW my mom remembers your grandmother. I believe your grandmother, Hazel, married my grandmothers brother!

Cheryl

would that have been Ole' (I think)?...if so, we're sorta related. I think my mom, who's 86, has some pics of Hazel and Ole from the 40's or early 50's

Rick

Cheryl Elliott said:

Rick

That is Awesome news, thanks for sharing!

BTW my mom remembers your grandmother. I believe your grandmother, Hazel, married my grandmothers brother!

Cheryl

Rick Yes, Ole E. Krogen. Its a very small world isn’t it? Cheryl

very cool indeed...

Rick

Cheryl Elliott said:

Rick
Yes, Ole E. Krogen. Its a very small world isn't it?
Cheryl

Not to take away from all of what has been said, I believe we are all related considering the small population of western ND pre Bakken boom. I had a nice chat with the district court clerk for McKenzie county and she mentioned that she was caregiver to my great aunt. It was a small world ten years ago. If you only lived 20 miles away, you were a neighbor ; )

Hi Cheryl,

Got the W-9 Tax ID request form from Halcon last week. Division Order should follow.

Rick

Richard Radke said:

very cool indeed...

Rick

Cheryl Elliott said:

Rick
Yes, Ole E. Krogen. Its a very small world isn't it?
Cheryl