Info on royalties please

Please any info on when royalties will start being sent it’s been a year and no mail or response since signing the mineral rights lease

It looks like there was a multi-unit well drilled on 12/9/2018 covering Section 24-01N-04W and Section 25-01N-04W. Did your purchase the mineral interest from Wilma Tippitt, now McGee? Are you possibly a remainder to a life estate? Such as Wilma owns it now, but one she dies you will get the interest.

1 Like

My wife and I inherited it from her mother after her mother passed away and her mother inherited it from her mother which was Wilma after she passed away and we signed the lease ratification paperwork in 2018 after we inherited it. All the paperwork and such was done before we sign this lease ratification but we have not received any word from since we’ve had to update our address twice through Nichols energy with Tim Prince who was handling the signing bonus for the lease ratification

Here is the paperwork I have

I would try to contact them again and get clarification. I would guess there is a title issue that has put your payments into suspense. The funds would not be released until the issue is resolved. Sometimes these issues are minor (needing you to fill out a W-9) or sometimes they are bigger (a missing probate). There is a small possibility that they have not paid out royalties even though it has been more than a year.

Also, it looks like Cheyenne Petroleum Company is operating that well, the Bryant 25-24 UW1H. I’d call Cheyenne instead of Nichols.

I keep leaving messages with both 7 and 9 and the options with no luck yet I guess it’s to small a amount for them to care

Rick: I posted the information you need on the other thread.

It is likely that you will need to have a probate done in order to establish that you are heirs and therefore entitled to the funds. This is usually a streamlined process.

1 Like

Got a letter in the mail from Titan energy wanting to purchase my mineral rights on section 2425 one in 4w in Steven s county Oklahoma they’re offering $10,000 per acre but I only own a quarter acre any advice whether it be worth selling or worth keeping

Please restate your description. It should read 24/25-?N-4W. Do you mean 1N?

24/25-1N-4W correct

Letters like these frequently go out to owners that are listed on Increased density cases. Cheyenne Petroleum just filed for three additional wells on those two sections. Personally, I hang onto my minerals when there are potentially more wells coming.

1 Like